This position is responsible for meeting orders’ goals from assigned accounts, Industry and/or territory while achieving satisfactory margin performance at the time of order entry. As a Business Development Manager, you will sell the full portfolio of Revere services within the assigned territory or accounts in support of the Company’s growth strategy. You will work in cooperation with and at times manage the Company’s relationship with certain Channel partners. You will maintain an active sales funnel of opportunities that are approximately three (3) times the sales goal for each Line of Business. All opportunities will be maintained with status updates, at least monthly, using the Company’s CRM system and in association with the Company’s monthly order forecast process. You will demonstrate a knowledge of the organizational structure and political landscape within your assigned accounts, and you will direct the sales strategy for your assigned accounts while demonstrating the ability to incorporate and lead other Revere team members in association with significant sales pursuits. You will also demonstrate an understanding of customer business drivers, project development, and funding practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Achieve the annually assigned orders plan for projects and each of the Revere Lines of Business or Divisions.
· Develop and maintain relationships with customers, vendors and channel partners that create qualified opportunities with new customers.
· Develop new opportunities regularly and record them thoroughly in the company CRM system.
· Responsible for providing accurate information to estimating, reviewing job estimates and quotations for assigned customers and assure that estimates/quotations are consistent with Revere’s profit-margin standards.
· Execute a documented plan that produces frequent contact with strategic and focus customers.
· Develop thorough contact data for accounts in the Company CRM system and enter new ones several times per month.
· Identify potential opportunities through networking, frequent customer contact, industry publications and Revere’s Lead Development process.
· Be responsible for gaining the necessary knowledge to effectively engage customers technically and commercially to establish growth for Revere within the companies target Industry Segments.
· Produce two (2) to four (4) customer testimonials every year.
· Function as a customer advocate in routing information and responding to customer needs within the Revere entire organization.
· Prepare and submit accurate and timely business expense reports.
· Execute periodic twelve (12) / year NPS feedback Sessions.
· Estimate accurately forecast monthly orders performance.
· Help select and actively participate in key trade show events.
· Direct the plan for marketing campaigns within assigned Territory and Industries.
· Adhere to the Revere Core Values – Humble, Driven, Conscientious
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Industry Experience in engineering, operations, or consulting.
· Degreed Electrical Engineer with two (2) years’ experience OR five (5) years’ experience in the controls field.
· Knowledgeable of controls field and relevant application requirements.
· Working knowledge of sales principles and practices.
· Knowledgeable of latest industry application methods (software/networking/equipment) and PLCs.
· Basic computer literacy – Microsoft Office, e-mail, estimating programs.
· Knowledgeable of estimating and quoting process.
· Strong affinity for sales engagement: positive, assertive, expressive, resilient self-starter, etc.
· Achievement Orientation
· Industry Knowledge
· Impact & Influence
· Critical Judgment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· The noise level in the office environment is usually moderately quiet.
· Site visits may be in loud, hot, and/or dirty environments.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Working safely is a condition of employment.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time and to walk distances of up to one hundred (100) yards.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to go up on cat walks, balconies, or other structures to view installations and gather data.
· The employee is required to talk and hear and must be able to use his or her hands to reach and hold objects.
· The employee must periodically lift and/or move objects up to fifty (50) pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to reason logically and make sound decisions, to consider alternative and diverse perspectives, to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to remain poised under all circumstances, and to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust.
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations.
· Ability to simultaneously address multiple complex problems.
· Ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
· Ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines, or productivity quotas.
· Regular travel is required.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work will frequently be necessary.