Do you love the Aerospace industry and have a passion for business-to-business selling complex products? Enjoy the challenge of time constraints in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment? Great earning potential for the well-qualified applicant.
We are seeking a sales person to develop new business for an established manufacturer in a specialized, technical and custom-metal-formed products in the aerospace industry. The person selected for this position may be located in Shelbyville, KY or may be based out of / work remotely from Wichita, KS area with occasional on-site work/travel to Shelbyville, KY.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Sell products and services of the company by utilizing knowledge of process capabilities and effective salesmanship. Complete the selling process from initiating sales calls, communicating with customers, selling solutions (consultative selling), sales negotiations, and closing the sale. Work together with customers and potential customers by assisting in the design of their products to enable appropriate use of components, which can be produced by Company. Create and implement sales and marketing plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others as assigned.
- Effectively manage customer relationships.
- Visits customers and potential customers at their place of business when appropriate to enhance relationships with customers and insure appropriate knowledge of customer needs and requirements.
- Travels to existing customers & new prospects for product development and business development opportunities.
- Develops and maintains customer sales action plans.
- Work with customers to develop optimum product design to fit our capabilities.
- Assists field representatives and customers in the evaluation of design modifications that benefit the company and/or customer.
- Increase current and new business through growth and profit evolution (i.e. Valuemax impact).
- Maintain and stay abreast of market knowledge in respective areas of responsibility.
- Evaluate inquiries and coordinates dissemination of key quotations with manufacturer representatives and Manager.
- Maintain inter-company relationships, technical information and communications to be liaison for company and customers.
- Review proposals from engineering for clarity, appropriateness and recommend changes.
- Coordinate internal sales activities for assigned customers, insuring customers’ specific requirements are properly interpreted.
- Provide and understand customer forecast order requirements for planning purposes.
- Manage & implement customer pricing.
- Complete the selling process from initiating sales calls, communicating with customers, selling solutions (consultative selling), sales negotiations and closing the sale.
- Build strategic relationships, execute go-to-market strategies that will increase growth and profitability.
- Oversee sales pricing, customer satisfaction, sales representation, trade shows, marketing and market development, sales training, forecasting and budgets.
- Manage marketing program, maintain corporate compliance, effective marketing of brand and maintaining positive customer image, which leads to generating new sales.
- Account management – manages sales accounts that ensures that customer needs are understood and met. Builds relationships with key decision makers. Expands sales within existing accounts and keeps track of account activities in order to respond to new developments and changes.
- Selling skills – demonstrates strong selling skills by ability to prospect and qualify leads, identify customer needs, translate features to benefits, deliver effective demos, negotiate and close sales.
- Presentation skills – comes across as confident and well-prepared when making group presentations. Looks at ease while handling questions from the audience.
- Product knowledge – has a good understanding of product line features and benefits and uses that knowledge to optimize sales with each customer. Understands the product market and uses this knowledge to increase personal credibility and product sales. Keeps abreast of competitors’ activities and typically responds quickly to what the competition is doing.
- Results oriented – achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities and results are not the same.
- Meeting targets – meets or exceeds sales goals while selling an appropriate product mix. The product mix sold reflects both a broad knowledge of the product line as well as successful efforts to educate customers or prospects.
- External awareness – keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and political factors that may impact the goals and interests of the organization. Stays up-to-date on trends and projections and sees what is on the horizon.
- Negotiation skills – demonstrates the ability to negotiate compromises that leave various stakeholders feeling that their interests and positions have been understood and that the resulting solution is even-handed and fair to all parties.
- Decision quality – gathers enough information to allow a trustworthy assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process.
- Computer Skills - Proficient in Microsoft office products (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), possesses working knowledge of CRMs and accounting/manufacturing ERPs, and the ability to learn and use other software packages. Experience with CATIA and/or Autodesk Inventor also preferred.
Schedule: This position is overtime-exempt and will primarily work eight or more hours per day, five days per week based on business needs. Primary schedule will be 7AM – 4PM Monday to Friday or similar. Due to travel schedule and potential remote nature of role, some base hours flexibility possible. Travel will be required, up to 50% of time as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of related experience working in business-to-business selling, engineering or manufacturing metal products, Aerospace industry or related. Experience should include at least three years of selling technical, specialized or custom-manufacturing products.
- US Persons as defined by ITAR and EAR.
- Capable of travelling domestically and internationally up to 50% of time. Possesses driver’s license and insurable with good driving record
- Must live or be willing to relocate within 50 miles of Shelbyville, KY or a key aerospace market area.
- Quoting & estimating experience
- Experience developing market or sales plans
- Previous experience working with or in R&D or previously worked as an independent sales representative
- Experience with CATIA and/or Autodesk Inventor
Who We Are
voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation, or RFC as we call it, supplies custom roll formed metal components into several industries including Aerospace, Construction, Material Handling, Off-Highway, Office Furniture, Solar and Transportation. In 2000, Roll Forming Corporation was acquired by globally leading technology group voestalpine AG and became part of the Metal Forming, Tubes and Sections division. Today, voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation has seven production facilities across three states with five facilities and headquarters located in Shelby County, Kentucky and one facility each in Pennsylvania and Indiana.
What We Offer You
- Several great benefit plans, including multiple health insurance options, vision, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability coverage, health-saving accounts, or flexible spending account
- 401K or 401K Roth up to 6% Match
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonus. Example: we paid out over $6000 in last 12 months!
- Apprenticeship programs & tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Leadership training opportunities
- TogetherWeCare, a philanthropic volunteer program that allows employees to support their community while on company time
- Countdown to Zero, a global environmental impact initiative that strives to make our work environments more efficient and environmentally friendly
voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation is an At Will employer. Employment will be at-will, which means that either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without prior notice, and with or without cause.
Roll Forming Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, and any other federal, state, or locally protected classifications. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require any alternate application form or accommodation during our hiring process due to disability.