Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
- Develops, integrates, analyzes and maintains the budget baseline for a statement of work, direct cost and overhead pools. This requires coordination with multiple teams within the company.
- Initiates detailed analysis in support of risk assessments and contingency / recovery plans, making recommendations to the budget owner.
- Develops and presents information to senior management.
- Communicates with customers on routine cost and budgeting issues.
- Runs a variety of weekly / monthly reports to ensure accurate cost collection.
- Reconciles data discrepancies and corrects errors in cost charging for complex / multiple budgets / pools.
- Develops, integrates, analyzes and updates forecasts for a statement of work.
- Initiates detailed analysis in support of identifying risk and opportunities and makes recommendations to statement of work owner.
- Compiles data from multiple teams /areas and develops reports to meet more stringent reporting requirements, such as regulatory agency requirements or contractually required reports.
- Participates in regular meetings and proactively supports the daily activities of the area of responsibility.
- Collects and documents requirements for training, processes and new tool development or enhancement.
- Troubleshoots process and tool issues and determines root cause, then recommends solutions or refers to appropriate organization for resolution.
- Gathers, compiles and analyzes data in support of compliance internal process reviews and external regulatory requirements.
- Assists with project startup by participating in planning and implementation activities such as work / organization breakdown structure development and responsibility assignment matrix development to meet internal or external requirements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degrees in Business Management, Accounting, or Finance are preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience pertaining to the skills identified is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of tools – strong Excel skills
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, critical thinking, innovative behaviors, and the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- Strong written & oral communication skills
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.