The Business Analyst – Logistics works with various stakeholders in the Logistics/Supply Chain/Manufacturing organization to effectively use logistics data and convert it into charts, summaries, analysis and recommendations that will enable the Logistics Team to optimize the business. They support the department with technical analysis as well as producing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators. The Business Analyst also interfaces with internal customers and serves as a vital link between our technology solutions and our business objectives by providing analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills to identify, evaluate and improve how data flows thru the business processes around logistics/supply chain to eliminate gaps and optimize the flow of data.
- Act as an integral member of the Logistics organization by facilitating the improvement of business processes and results.
- Ensure the accurate consolidation and reporting of information into an actionable format and investigate any data discrepancies.
- Design, publish and provide insights on key metrics
- Maintain technical skill on all appropriate software applications that will provide optimum level of support to the department
- Analyze problems and determine the next steps and provide progress to management
- Collect and analyze data collected for all areas of DC/Logistics/Supply Chain/Manufacturing processes from receipt to delivery and make suggestions on ways to streamline processes and build in efficiencies.
- Liaise as needed with IT to ensure Power BI/TMS / WMS / ERP applications are performing as required.
- Actively participate in development and implementation of warehouse initiatives as established by the DC Manager.
· 4 year degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Information systems or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years of work experience in analytics and/or supply chain operations.
· Experience and competency using ERP / WMS / TMS type applications.
· Candidate must be highly capable with MS Office applications (especially high proficiency with MS Excel, pivot tables, V-Lookups, IF statements and Power BI).
· Strong understanding of data and how it moves between systems (mapping/integration)
· Must have a demonstrated set of data mining and analytical skills
· Excellent written, verbal & listening communication skills
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Ability to create effective reports and presentation materials related to Logistics Activity.
In depth problem solving and analysis
Hybrid work schedule.