The Business Analyst is responsible for managing data retrieval and analysis within an organization. Their responsibilities include building and maintaining data warehouses, creating visual dashboards, report creation and analyzing data to identify the areas that need improvement to improve reporting.
The role will rely on a strong foundation in relational databases, Infor BIRST, ECQ, Syteline, Factory Track, and others. The ability to understand business requirements and work with requestors to develop reporting solutions within the appropriate platform which meet their need.
- Partners with business departmental teams to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports.
- Design, build, and implement reports that have long-term value.
- Performs ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and analytical solutions to maintain and support existing reports, reporting tools, and reporting libraries.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile, and identify gaps, uncover unmet business needs to suggest for metrics and dashboards.
- Elicits data mining requirements by participating in departmental planning meetings, document analysis, surveys and interviews, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Follow prescribed software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and conventions.
- Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Utilize Infor BIRST software daily to produce accurate, timely results in response to complex, time-bound problems.
- Support IT in administration of BI Platforms such as BIRST, ECQ, ERP and others
- Other duties may be assigned and are required as part of the essential functions of the position.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science or related field discipline, relevant technical training coursework, or equivalent industry experience, preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in business analytics, business intelligence, or operations report writing.
- Demonstrated and sustained professional or academic interest and experience in reporting, data visualization and presentation, BI, and/or data warehousing.
- Strong SQL and/or BI skills, able to create and to evaluate complex logical statements involving numerous tables and complex relationships, preferred.
- Ability to work in an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience.
- Must be willing to become a certified “BIRST Super Power User”