Come join the NIM Group family! We are proud to offer employees an excellent culture, growth opportunity, and an amazing benefits package.
NIM Group has been a family-owned business since 1908 and is one of the nation’s largest metal distributors. Our values are deep-rooted in our company culture where we believe in providing a safe environment, encouraging teamwork, devotion to excellence, and having fun!
Our employees are offered a full health insurance package, 401k with company match, company-paid life insurance, and education assistance. Our employees have the potential to earn quarterly bonuses and accrue 2 weeks of PTO during their first year of service.
If you are looking for a great career, look no further than the NIM Group!
Business Analyst Position Summary: As a corporate function, the Business Analyst is responsible for working with all levels of the organization to identify and analyze business needs that can be improved using software systems and performing data analysis from those systems. Having a wide knowledge of business processes and utilizing a high level of project management skills, this position will design, manage, and implement new solutions to improve internal business practices. This role will also provide analytics support on existing systems for multiple departments within the organization.
- Work with various business units to identify business problems, KPIs, or business improvement opportunities
- Take projects from initial inception through final completion incorporating and documenting project scope and objectives, creating project timelines, monitoring and reporting on project milestones, and identifying and addressing any issues which may impact the progress
- Promote data-aided decision-making around the business by identifying business analytics solutions, interviewing business users, analyzing processes/operations, and establishing solution objectives
- Understand and assist at different stages of the data project pipeline: idea generation, value and feasibility assessment, data gathering, data cleaning, analysis/modeling, iterative improvement, integration into decision making
- Adhere to internal analytics procedures and suggest improvements if needed
- Gather information and write functional specifications to meet highly complex business needs, lead project teams and group facilitation sessions in the design and development cycles
- Support existing business process and analytics platforms to ensure operational availability and scalability
- Perform various data analyses and generate and maintain various reports based on departmental and enterprise needs
- May perform administrative tasks relative to the primary responsibilities in addition to any other items as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, computer or data science, or statistics, or related field preferred but a combination of formal education and experience will be considered
- Functional experience in business analytics, forecasting, and modeling required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Including Microsoft Excel)
- Strong analytical, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and previous experience working with data structures, manipulating data, and data cleaning
- Above-average Project Management capabilities
The physical demands of this position are consistent with typical office environments. Qualified candidates must be able to spend up to 8 hours per day working on a computer (sitting or standing) while utilizing fine motor skills to type on a keyboard.
This position is an exempt role with an annual salary range of $51,000 - $75,000. Individuals in the Business Analyst role are eligible to participate in the quarterly incentive plan.