The primary role of the Maintenance Technician is to continuously improve the reliability, efficiency, and utilization of plant equipment and manufacturing processes. This is accomplished by utilizing mechanical and electrical expertise in the precise installation, maintenance, and repair of plant systems and equipment followed by concise and accurate documentation of all activities and observations
2nd Shift (6:00PM to 6:00AM, 3/2/2 Schedule)
$26.00-$28.50, +$0.60 Shift Differential
$500 sign-on bonus and $500 bonus after 60 days of employment!
The primary role of the Maintenance Technician is to continuously improve the reliability, efficiency, and utilization of plant equipment and manufacturing processes. This is accomplished by utilizing mechanical and electrical expertise in the precise installation, maintenance, and repair of plant systems and equipment followed by concise and accurate documentation of all activities and observations. Knows and follows HACCP program and principles, USDA guidelines, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Apply maintenance skills and knowledge to install, maintain, and repair plant systems and equipment. (45%)
- For example, the Maintenance Technician will maintain and share expert knowledge of maintenance and operation methods for manufacturing equipment. Will utilize training, technical expertise, and reliability methods to troubleshoot and formulate solutions to asset and process related deficiencies. The incumbent must be capable of disassembly and reassembly of equipment in order to repair, replace, adjust, clean, lubricate and align equipment components.
- Initiate and perform condition monitoring tasks including preventive and predictive maintenance. (25%)
- For example, utilizes the Company’s Maintenance Management System and supports its use as a key management information tool for preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures to ascertain possible failure modes and participate with operations, plant engineering, suppliers, and other associates to improve equipment reliability. (15%)
- For example, the Maintenance Technician confers with operators and observes, tests, and evaluates equipment operation to diagnose malfunctions. Uses maintenance expertise, analytical troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis to recommend and implement corrective system improvements. This will include the examination of parts for defects such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Provide direction and training for less skilled maintenance personnel and machine operators. (5%)
- For example, the Maintenance Technician will teach and lead less trained technicians and operators in the operation, proactive maintenance, and troubleshooting of plant equipment.
- Will be required to work with and develop equipment and ideas deemed to be confidential information and/or trade secrets owned by the company. This person will be required to protect the company's rights in and ownership of those trade secrets and confidential information.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in manufacturing, packing and processing machine equipment repairs or other mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude, as demonstrated by aptitude and/or skills assessment, required.
- Specific skills required include electrical troubleshooting, motor control circuit knowledge, the ability to read and understand ladder logic & wiring schematics, an understanding of device networking, and some proficiency with PLC processors.
- Must be proficient in the following skills and possess a working knowledge with: Mechanical devises and power transmissions, gearboxes, pumps electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing, welding. Shop equipment and power hand tools.
- Must be mechanically and electrically-oriented, a team player, self-motivated, and driven to make process improvements daily, willing to work evenings, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Must possess manual dexterity, good communication skills, and the ability to read, write, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Must be able to follow instructions and demonstrate dependable attendance.
- Able to work with raw meat and a wet and cold environment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Burke Corporation is a leader in the production of pizza toppings and other fully cooked meats. Located in Nevada, Iowa, Burke is a focused team of professionals that combines technical expertise, industry knowledge, flexibility and integrity. Our spirit of continuous improvement creates win/win relationships and a shared sense of confidence in quality and safety.
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Profit-sharing Opportunities
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Educational Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Fitness Center
- Product Discounts
Burke Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.