Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.
Job Title: Building Automation Technician
The Service Technician needs the ability to think analytically and independently to troubleshoot, maintain, modify and repair HVAC and associated equipment including plant systems, electric fan and pump motors, electric controls and associated safety, overcurrent and other equipment protection devices; configure, analyze and troubleshoot EMS computer programs; perform heavy physical labor; read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade; train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area; follow and give oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population. The Service Technician will report directly to the Service Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance for safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to your growth and development as a Service Professional.
- Responsible for loading and testing programs as well as point to point checkout and commissioning.
- Uses a variety of hand tools and laptop computers, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to install, diagnose, repair, and program HVAC controls equipment.
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses and repairs instruments and products at operating customer's location.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials, maintaining truck stock, and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Documents work by creating marked up As-Built drawings on each job and maintaining program files.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Supports electrical installers by providing technical assistance and offering guidance.
- Provides initial and follow-up training at a customer's site.
- Utilizes project plans to prioritize and schedule work sequences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Point to point checkout experience.
- BAS head end and central plant programing experience.
- Tridium experience preferred.
- Experience working with Johnson Control Systems is highly desired.
- Experience working with Distech and/or Tridium AX, N4 Certification is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and Problem-solving skills required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Able to travel locally as required.
- Ability to coordinate with other trades.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in HVAC DDC Controls or PLC based control systems. BSE in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Technology may be used to supplement for work experience.
- Mastery of working with PC’s software drivers and the Windows Operating System.
- Experience with computer networks
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems.
- Understand how to write control software, either statement language, block programming or ladder logic.
We work with Open Protocols such as LonWorks, BACnet and Modbus as well as BACnet/IP.
Why Work here?
- Company Vehicle
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Fun family-oriented atmosphere
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.