Under general supervision, operates the manual welder and inspects/ensures the production of quality parts. Inspect parts. Help with design of jigs and fixtures for a safe and efficient operation.
- Ability to visualize and interpret blue prints and sketches.
- Manufacture quality parts by using whatever tools are available.
- Ability to use and assist other in the measuring of parts with the proper inspection equipment (calipers, height gauge, etc.).
- Ability to set up a cell properly. Including welder settings, proper cell setup to produce quality parts at an efficient rate.
- Ability to adjust to changes in production requirements.
- Ability to acknowledge problems with the welder and troubleshoot to get the problem fixed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area by following the clean-up schedule.
- Must be able to use the computer software to clock in and out of work and in/out of jobs along with checking job count.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Wire welding and other related mechanical and shop experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
Strong working knowledge of the production process and wire welders.
Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in production welding operation.
Ability to make adjustments to Welding equipment as needed.
Basic knowledge of all Welding processes.