Who We Are:
Brock Grain Systems is a division of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company. CTB’s core purpose is Helping to Feed a Hungry World® through a number of business units that manufacture and supply systems and solutions primarily for the agricultural supply chain. Brock is achieving this goal by providing Leadership Through Innovation® with grain storage, handling, conditioning and drying, and structural systems. Founded in 1957, Brock has a long tradition of developing industry-leading, innovative products and a reputation for delivering Brock Solid® reliability and durability. In order to continue this tradition, we need talented people looking to grow their careers while working toward our global mission. We hope you will join us in this journey!
What You Will Accomplish:
As the Dryer Service Technician, you will setup, test, ship, and provide service for dryer equipment to ensure high-quality products and service are provided to the customer.
What You Will Do:
- Performs set-up and testing on Grain Dryer finished products to ensure they are functioning and assembled appropriately.
- Loads the large grain dryers on flatbed trucks, using overhead cranes, for safe and accurate shipping.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides information via calls from dealers or at the end user’s location to solve any issues effectively.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment to support the team.
- Follows processes and safety guidelines on a continual basis for accuracy and safety.
- Education: Associates degree in Electronics, Industrial Maintenance, or a related field; will consider an Electronic Certification with some hands-on electronic experience.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in reading electrical schematics and ladder diagrams, with a strong electronics aptitude and training preferred; Will consider new/recent graduates.
- Functional Skills: Strong analytical, electronic/mechanical aptitude to learn, troubleshoot and diagnose issues. High attention to detail. Ability to learn/operate an overhead crane and forklift. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Ability to read an electrical schematic and troubleshoot electronic circuitry is required. Ability to use hand tools, pneumatic tools, gauges, and multimeters preferred.
- Language Skills: Good reading, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Customer-focused, self-motivated, and a quick learner who can become proficient in the products. Strong attention to quality, processes, and safety is also important.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Need conceptual thinkers who can take a vision and create better processes/solutions. Energetic, honest, and high ethical standards. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player, and leading/participating in continuous improvement processes.
Other Important Information:
Wage: Wage is commensurate with proven expertise.
Reports To: Service Manager
Core Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm (schedule can change to meet demand; will work approx. 8 – 9 hours a day)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends/OT when applicable during harvest season; approximately 45 hrs/week on average
Direct Reports: None
Work Conditions: Typically works outside (under a shelter) and at times within an Operations environment; will operate Overhead Cranes and work around moving parts. Must be able to occasionally lift 50lbs; Must be able to climb 10-15’ (with safety gear) for testing and onsite troubleshooting.
Travel: Approximately 10% - unplanned travel on urgent issues; primarily during harvest season