Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Broadcast Service Engineer assists with providing a smooth operational environment and helps with various aspects of the television station to facilitate daily operations and to ensure continuous broadcasting.
This individual is responsible for pre-defined administration of corporate IT policies and procedures of the company, maintaining servers, workstations, printers, VPN, wireless access points, domain controllers and PC workstations.
- Assist with maintaining continuous broadcasting
- Manage user accounts through Active Directory and assist users with e-mail and desktop support including initial sign-on, access issues and removal.
- Assist Lead Engineer with supervising onsite contracted work and special projects
- Assist in maintaining daily operations and maintenance of building systems, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC and other general maintenance requirements of facilities.
- Provide quality and timely support I.T. services to Engineering, News, Production, Promotion, and Sales Departments.
- Assist Lead Engineer to manage and maintain News production server system, News content storage and playout system, graphics and editing systems
- Maintain fleet service schedule
- Assist with equipment safety, service, proper use, storage, and maintenance.
- Review equipment and grounds for safety issues.
- Additional duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
Associate degree or higher in broadcast communications technology, IT, electrical engineering, or related field of study.
- Information technology background and networking skills a plus
- Experience with remote desktop applications and VPN a plus
- Experience in broadcast television or a related field a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to neatly maintain tools, supplies and equipment
- Good communication and response time skills a must
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Fluency in English both oral and written
- Strong interest in broadcast technology, related IT systems and software
- Ability to lift 50 pounds; climb, reach, and bend.