ITC Service Group was founded in 1999 and provides managed services and workforce solutions nationwide, to include planning, design, construction, installation and maintenance of voice, data and video networks.
We currently have Broadband work available on the islands of Kauai, Maui, Oahu, and Hawaii.
Are you looking to change your current work conditions, or just looking for a new opportunity for long term work? ITC Service Group has immediate openings for Broadband Technicians. In this role, you will perform basic to complex installation, troubleshooting and repair of Broadband integrated digital TV, high speed Internet and voice services from tap to the customer site, and be responsible for testing and repair of network hardware for customer services. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing exceptional service to customers, with the goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
We are a full service provider of qualified personnel and managed services to the IT, Telecom and CATV industries for the planning, design, construction and maintenance of wireless and wireline communications networks worldwide. If you are interested in becoming part of a quality, professional team, take a look at the requirements detailed below. If you are looking to learn and advance in a trade that will always keep you working, apply now!
We will provide a vehicle, gas, & uniform, along with a competitive salary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Install, change, troubleshoot/repair and disconnects Client services including video, data, and telephone. Perform basic troubleshooting at time of installation and on scheduled service calls from tap to customer's electronic devices.
- Educate customers regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of and sells other services to meet customer needs. Buries drops, locates lines and performs service audits.
- Determine customer's current service levels; inquire about customer preferences and needs; recommend service upgrades or additional products.
- Resolve or escalate customer complaints, as appropriate.
- Use automated routing system or plan daily route, requisitions equipment and supplies; stock company vehicle.
- Meet scheduled appointment windows.
- Complete work orders and other documentation by mobile computer.
- Use small hand tools, power tools, meters and other test equipment (ITC uses HST 3000).
- Maintain and secure company truck and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Due to the public interaction that is required to perform these duties, you will need to be vaccinated for COVID 19. This is a requirement of employment. Individuals that are not currently, or are only partially vaccinated can apply. You will need to show proof of initial vaccination before you start work, and provide proof of follow up/secondary vaccination upon receiving said vaccination. Johnson and Johnson single vaccination is accepted vaccination, as well.
- All candidates are subject to a mandatory pre-employment background check, drug screen, physical exam, and must possess and hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must have experience working with fiber.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a Broadband Technician.
- Must be able to work with a 28’ extension ladder. This requires the loading the ladder on and off the top of the van, maneuvering, and carrying a ladder through customer’s front and back yard to get to the telephone pole.
- Must be able to vertically place ladder up to a height of 26’ up against the pole or the cable strand.
- Must be able to work aloft at heights of 20’ – 26’.
- Must be able to work on the ground in sidewalk boxes to access the buried fiber drops through conduits. Requires kneeling, and sometimes hand digging on dirt to find buried conduits.
- Must have own climbing gear or harness.
- Must own small hand tools (screwdriver, wrenches, pliers, wire cutters, etc.)
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screen.
- Valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record.
- Meet safety restriction weight limit of 275 lbs.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to visually perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with the understanding that workdays can be in excess of normal hours and some weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Ability to be “on call” and “on standby” in relation to the workload.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Knowledge of basic electronics.
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer.
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g., signal level meters, ohm meters).
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 75 pounds. Work involves driving a motor vehicle safety on a daily basis, standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk (10%), sit (5%), climb (10%), balance (5%), stand (15%), stoop (5%), kneel (5%), drive (20%), reach (10%), push, lift (10%) and smell (5%). Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions.
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
Employee is expected to be on the job and on time every scheduled workday. Training Manager’s work hours can change from day to day. It is his/her responsibility to know when the workday starts and ends on each scheduled workday. If it is necessary that you will be absent or late for any reason, employee needs to call direct manager by 8:00 am on the first and each subsequent day the employee will be absent or late. If employee is absent for more than 3 days a doctor’s note (explanation) is required.
Due to the nature of ITC’s business, its clients and other needs, the employment relationship is, and is intended to be, “At Will.” This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between ITC and employee. By no means is this job description inclusive of all duties; in that employee will be required to perform all duties as directed by his or her supervisor. This job description is subject to change by ITC as the needs of ITC and requirements of the job change.