With more than one million tons of structural steel fabricated over the past 20 years, High Steel Structures LLC is proud of the quality reputation we've earned as the steel fabricator of choice for North America's transportation infrastructure projects. A leader in the industry for innovation, we have the capacity, technology and experience to help make steel bridge projects a success. The is a permanent, full-time position - please no applicants looking for contract work.
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Control Technician-Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) to join our dedicated team. Technicians in Lancaster PA will work a 3rd-shift schedule, 4-days per week, and must be flexible to work over-time and weekend hours, as needed.
Quality Control Technicians are responsible for ensuring that all weld testing and inspections are completed utilizing radiography and/or ultrasonic techniques and weld visual procedures and ensuring that specifications are followed in the day to day operations of the fabrication areas.
Our next team-member will ideally possess the following educational and work qualifications:
- A high school diploma or general equivalent (GED) required
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) strongly desired.
- In lieu of CWI a degree in Welding Engineering or 5 years of structural steel fabrication experience, are required
- RT, UT, and/or NACE bridge-coating inspection experience preferred
- 5+ years previous structural steel fabrication shop experience
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Working for The High Companies:
At High Steel Structures coworker are a high priority! The belief is as strong today as it was when the the High Companies were founded over 80 years ago.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision available for full-time coworkers. Vacation is offered to regular full-time coworkers and is earned annually on your anniversary date. You may carry over a portion of your hours into the next anniversary year.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match.
- Tuition Assistance with 100 percent reimbursement for approved courses and degree programs which are job related and approved in advance by your supervisor.
- Employee Assistance Program provides professional, confidential assistance for any type of personal issue you or your eligible dependents are experiencing.
- High Family Foundation Scholarship is awarded annually to the children of High co-workers working at least 1,000 hours per year and employed for at least two years. Recipients are awarded $4,000 for each year they are enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited degree program.
- Good Measure Award is presented periodically to an individual or team from each of the High companies who exemplifies The High Philosophy and who has gone above and beyond normal job responsibilities to provide "Good Measure."