We are currently hiring a Brewer at Dogfish Head in Milton, DE.
The Brewer is responsible for performing the full range of responsibilities related to brewing and cellaring operations, including all related tasks and use of equipment in a safe, efficient, SOP-compliant, and quality-focused manner.
What You'll Brew:
- Performs all brewing and cellaring operations, including all equipment operations and tasks necessary to make the beer within defined specifications efficiently.
- Works with a wide range of equipment throughout the brewing and cellaring areas which varies from manual hands-on to fully automated.
- Performs rigorous sanitation schedules and CIP procedures, both by process and by equipment; as well as general housekeeping
- Performs the full range of responsibilities related to brewing and cellaring operations, including all related tasks and use of equipment in a safe, efficient, SOP-compliant, and quality-focused manner.
- Participates in Sensory Panel and unbiased analysis for the betterment of the department and the beer.
- Enforces and adheres to all company and departmental recycling requirements.
- Supports occasional R&D projects and special requests. Shares this knowledge with coworkers outside of Brewing.
- Ensures beer is brewed/processed as scheduled, per SOP and recipe specifications, and adheres to Quality specs throughout operations to achieve the highest levels of efficiency, consistency, and quality for our customers.
- Supports Warehouse team delivery of raw ingredients, verifying that the ingredients prepared by the warehouse are correct and follow the recipe/procedure; maintains the supply in an orderly fashion on the floor, helps to ensure adjoining shifts are likewise prepared with materials; maximizes resources by minimizing waste.
What Ingredients You'll Bring:
- 2 + years experience in commercial brewing/cellaring, although brewing-related education may substitute for all or part of practical brewing experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Associates Science
- Certificate Brewing
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We hire the best talent, and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k, and more, Full-Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. To help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact [email protected] for assistance.