Lennox International Inc. (LII) is a global leader in energy-efficient climate-control solutions. Dedicated to sustainability and creating comfortable and healthier environments for our residential and commercial customers while reducing their carbon footprint, we lead the field in innovation with our air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality, and refrigeration systems. Lennox International stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and traded under the symbol LII.
The person in this position manages and coordinates the activities of employees engaged in maintaining, servicing and installing commercial HVAC equipment and accessories. The manager is responsible for safety, labor productivity and efficiency, inventory management, customer satisfaction, employee retention and on-time arrival.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reads, analyzes and interprets written or verbal reports, correspondence or proposals and blueprints
- Assists employees in diagnosing commercial HVAC equipment
- Prepares estimates and proposals
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Requisitions and keeps inventory of tools, equipment and materials
- Studies production schedules and estimates labor requirements for completion of job assignment
- Directs employees engaged in dismantling, assembling and installing equipment
- Interprets and communicates company policies to employees
- Inspects and monitors work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place for reporting and managing accidents
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to employees, and assigns duties
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Suggest changes in working conditions and processes to increase efficiency of branch, customer service or work crew
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate employees to achieve performance goals
- Maintains time and production records
- Directly supervises four to ten employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree (A.A.) or equivalent education from a two-year college or technical school
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- HVAC industry technical knowledge preferred
- P&L Management Experience with successful track record preferred
- Ability to travel in local market on a regular basis; occasional overnight travel required
- Ability to climb ladders
- Moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Computer skills; competent in MS Office software (Word and Excel)
- Must achieve NATE certification in first full year as Branch Manager
- EPA Certification: Type I and Type II or Universal Preferred
- Positive mental attitude, self-motivated, self-starter, Competitive, High Energy, Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment, professional and punctual.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
Here at Lennox, we believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to build workplaces that reflect the communities where we live and work, support the growth and development of each team member as they strive to reach their full potential, and empower them to be their authentic selves. Lennox is an equal opportunity employer.