Become part of the excitement.
As a Branch Manager-Electrical, you will develop and implement business plans that allow the Company to achieve its financial and service goals. You will manage all resources to achieve desired results within the branch.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement programs to maximize net profit and return on sales
- Initiate new and improve existing programs to support meeting or exceeding financial performance metrics
- Monitor customer service levels, and take action to improve service as needed
- Monitor inventory levels, and promote the sale of obsolete and overstocked material
- Oversee preparation of large branch budget, and monitor actual performance to ensure branch achieves objectives
- Manage a large number of employees and delegate effectively through key positions
- Monitor activities to ensure compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain business relationships with current and potential customers and suppliers
- Monitor competitive conditions in the territory, and recommend changes as necessary to gain market share in new areas
- Develop and implement strategic plans to ensure long-term market share and profitability growth
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales, operations, or finance required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution industry and supply chain management principles
- Knowledge of the impact pricing decisions have on the profit and loss of the Company
- Knowledge of various suppliers and their respective product lines
- Business planning and market analysis skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills and the ability to effectively supervise staff and achieve results through others
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers to achieve short and long-term goals of the branch
- Ability to think strategically about business needs
- Ability to effectively recruit for key branch positions and build a strong service infrastructure
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple internal and external layers of the organization
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Organizational and time management skills
- Some travel required.
Why should you join Graybar?
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company. We believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into our company because we believe it’s the right thing to do and the right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to feel a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, and we work to build a collaborative environment where our employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
That’s what our employee ownership culture is all about: working as one team and moving forward together, while honoring the unique value each person brings to our company.
Apply now and find out what’s next for you.
At Graybar, we are known for our comprehensive benefits and our employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee of Graybar, you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12 months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits. Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!