Job Location: 09 East Canaan - East Canaan, CT
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Management
Manage and oversee assigned branch plumbing / heating / HVAC supply associates, supervise branch operations, and ensure efficient operation on a day-to-day basis. Improve productivity and streamline branch activities to maximize results and achieve goals.
- Recognize employee achievements and encourage excellence in the work environment
- Oversee and manage effectively counter sales, shipping & receiving to maximize sales goals
- Responsible for associate evaluations and disciplinary actions
- Develop and implement sales plans
- Conduct regular sales and operations meetings
- Brief employees on current sales goals, promotions, and other relevant information
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback and coaching as needed
- Identify training needs
- Interact with customers on a regular basis to ensure satisfaction and gain useful feedback
- Resolve customer problems as needed
- Manage budgets, allocate branch funds, and define financial objectives
- Coordinate with other branches to share knowledge, plan promotional activities, or achieve goals
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
- Recruit, vet, interview, and hire new employees
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Organizing marketing activities and events for the branch
- Adhere to high ethical and professional standards
- Other duties as required
Experience, Education & Skills:
- Proven branch management experience in plumbing / heating / HVAC industry
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
- Ability to analyze financial records and transfer data
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Familiarity with industry rules and regulations
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result driven and customer focused
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Exceptional knowledge of budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles
- Ability to manage employees, while multitasking large projects
- Bachelors degree in finance or business preferred with an emphasis in finance, or a related field.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.