Job Location: Arizona Branch - Tolleson, AZ
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $18.00 - $21.00 Hourly
Job Shift: 1st Shift
Job Category: Manufacturing
Compensation: Starting pay rate of $18.00-21.00/hr + three performance bonuses a year
Location: Tolleson, AZ
Join a winning team where you will learn and grow your skills!
Progressive and growing master distributor of industrial fasteners seeks a skilled technician to join our growing operation. Our Tolleson facility focuses on the production and distribution of lifting hardware; utilizing CNC machining to procure yokes, clevises, and eye-bolts for our wide-variety of industrial customers across the continent. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the technical aspects of our production environment and “own-your-area” to become our in-house machining expert. The ideal candidate will have a high attention to detail and the ability to work at a fast-pace to help serve our customers in an accurate, timely, and complete manner. We offer these benefits and more:
- Tri-annual profit sharing bonuses on top of regular pay.
- 401(k), with the maximum employer match allowed by law and a year-one full vestment.
- Full benefits, including a free health insurance option for non-tobacco users.
- Generous paid-time-off policies, including paid holidays, bereavement, and parental leave.
- Comprehensive on-boarding training program.
- Great culture with respectful, friendly teammates.
- Supportive managerial feedback.
- Operate and adjust machining and turning equipment, performing standard and repetitive sequences of operations where programs are proved and setups are made by others.
- Operations include drilling, boring, grinding, and milling, turning etc. employing recognized tooling and procedures where tolerances are close but not difficult to maintain.
- Follow detailed instructions, work from standard coding and operational data to change or mount tools and position work piece.
- Adjust machine and fixture stops to maintain finish and tolerance requirements.
- Working from certified part drawings, utilize required precision measuring instruments to check.
- Machine positioning, inspect finished parts, and record results on SPC charts.
- Recognize and report any program and/or machine malfunctions, tooling difficulties, etc.
- May assist with setups or proving of programs.
- Under supervision, work procedures and products are subject to check and inspection.
- Perform other duties to ensure customer-success; including supporting distribution operations as needed.
- Ability to communicate verbally with others.
- Ability to utilize basic office equipment.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, team player.
- Manufacturing/Machining experience desired, namely utilizing G-code and/or M-code programming, and/or Okuma machinery.
- General knowledge of tooling applications and machine shop best-practices.
- Interest in career development and personal learning.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow up with supervisors on completion of tasks.
- Ability to work Powered Lifts (Reach Truck, Forklift, etc). In-house training provided.
Work Environment: This is a distribution/manufacturing plant environment. Exposure to high temperatures, moving machinery, moving equipment, heights and confined spaces.
EEOE: G.L. Huyett is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
To Learn More About G.L. Huyett:
- See www.huyett.com to learn about the company’s products, services and commercial offerings.
- See www.usfreeagents.com to learn about company history, leadership, and management practices.