View more related jobs
- Operates braiding machines in accordance with company SOP’s and Work Instructions for applicable machines.
- Manufactures products to Secant Internal specifications to meet final product customer specifications by operating and monitoring equipment; observing varying conditions; adjusting equipment control.
- Sets up braiding equipment by threading yarn through guides and tensions as defined in SOP’s and Work Instructions.
- Follows internal specifications and work instructions to manufactures braids according to the customer requirements.
- Monitors and ensures good quality production as defined in specifications and work instructions.
- Documents production by completing production records, forms, and log books.
- Performs general maintenance on machines, including cleaning and preventive maintenance.
- Works with supervisor to ensure machines are correctly calibrated and all preventative maintenance complete and up to date prior to use.
- Works with fine denier multifilament, mono filament and wire.
- Sets up and runs winding machines in accordance with SOP’s and Work Instructions.
- Measures braider specifications including outer diameter, braid angle, pore size and diamond length using the optical comparator, pick glass or caliper.
- May design or modify appropriate mandrels or operating techniques as allowable within all product specifications and work instructions.
- Follows established safety requirements and adheres to HSE Management System.
- Performs other job related responsibilities as assigned.
- Frequently positions self by stooping, bending, crawling, crouching or kneeling.
- Must be able to see fine denier yarns to detect defects occurring in fabrics
- Must have finger dexterity to knot, thread and handle fine yarns
- Occasionally moves or lifts materials up to 50 lbs, assisted or unassisted
- Constantly uses repetitive movement of hands
- Requires combination of sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time, up to 8 hours or more a day.
- Occasional exposure to noisy environment where hearing protection must be worn.
- Adheres to GMP/QSR requirements and follows applicable QMS documentation (e.g., SOP’s, Work Instructions) to successfully accomplish job requirements.
- Follows Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies and procedures, including wearing hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, eye protection as required.
- Follows gowning procedures in designated areas.