The Technical Bolting Technician is responsible for executing technical bolting and joint integrity services in accordance with approve site and company procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM’s Core Values.
- Follows TEAM’s 7 critical choices.
- Conducts planning, break-out, assembly and inspection, and fault and leak diagnosis.
- Maintains reporting and documentation of technical bolting services activities as required.
- Performs technical bolting services on client work sites performing any of any of the following duties:
- P&ID review and equipment identification
- Torque with clicker wrenches
- Torque with hydraulic torque wrenches
- Stud tensioning
- Bolt measuring (ultrasonic)
- Hydraulic nut splitting
- Bolt calculations of pre-load
- Joint integrity reporting
- Visual positive material identification on bolted flange joint components
- Flange Identification and damage mechanisms
- Joint Criticality Assessment
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Technical school or relevant training preferred.
- Two (2) years of industry related experience preferred.
- Recent military service with mechanical, instrument, or electrical training.
- Travel Requirements: 0% - 25%
- Position is based out of a branch or site location.
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively
- Excellent communication skills
TEAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.