Boeing Summer 2022 Internship Program (Paid) - Facilities and Asset Management
Location:USA - Auburn, WA, USA - Bellevue, WA, USA - Berkeley, MO, USA - Charleston, SC, USA - Chicago, IL, USA - Colorado Springs, CO, USA - El Segundo, CA, USA - Everett, WA, USA - Hazelwood, MO, USA - Herndon, VA, USA - Huntington Beach, CA, USA - Huntsville, AL, USA - Kent, WA, USA - Long Beach, CA, USA - Mesa, AZ, USA - North Charleston, SC, USA - Oklahoma City, OK, USA - Plano, TX, USA - Renton, WA, USA - Ridley Park, PA, USA - San Antonio, TX, USA - Seal Beach, CA, USA - Seattle, WA, USA - Titusville, FL, USA - Tukwila, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing has shaped the course of human history through aerospace innovations. Today, because of our amazing people and powerful technologies, our products connect the globe, protect freedom, and advance scientific discovery around the world. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, we're inspiring the next century of explorers – we invite you to join us on the journey ahead!
As an intern at Boeing, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
Boeing Facilities & Asset Management (F&AM) is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona with teams spread all across the enterprise. It is the largest organization among Boeing's enterprise-wide internal services.
F&AM is responsible for providing the following major services to The Boeing Company:
- Maintenance of Boeing buildings and infrastructure.
- Project implementation, including construction services and employee moves.
In addition, F&AM establishes delivery models for its services that result in the most efficient and economical solutions for business partners in all Business Units: Commercial Airplanes; Defense, Space and Security; Boeing Global Services; Boeing Capital Corporation; and Corporate. By leveraging economies of scale in the services it provides and aggressively pursuing opportunities to streamline and standardize, F&AM has a unique opportunity to enable the Business Units' performance and leverage the power of One Boeing.
Specific F&AM internship opportunities include:
- Project Administrator - Receives, validates and logs customer requests for facilities services such as construction, rearrangements, moves and asset acquisition. Meets with customers, evaluates requests, provides tactical plans, defines requirements and identifies design options. Obtains formal facilities designs, coordinates with affected parties and creates work packages that provide documentation and cost relative to project implementation.
- Planner - Compiles data from headcount projections and business plans to enable forecasting. Manages site assets cost efficiently to meet production and operational needs. In advance of production changes, oversees the development of scenarios - showing scopes, schedule, and budget alternatives. Develops and communicates proposals to stakeholders. Plans leadership discussions towards key decisions. Manages real property assets and site cost allocations with the application of current real estate leasing and development principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Facilities Analyst - Receives and responds to internal and external customer requests for services or goods related to buildings, equipment and systems. Performs studies and conducts research to determine the feasibility, viability and capability of a program or project. Collects and logs data from various systems to perform analysis on buildings, equipment, systems, processes and procedures to make recommendations and implement improvements.
- Construction Management - Administers contractor activities and evaluates contractor proposals to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures. Monitors and coordinates project implementation activities to ensure cost, schedule and regulatory requirements are met. Ensures compliance with Boeing and regulatory standards.
Some of these position allow telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions have been identified as virtual opportunities and do not require applicants to live in close proximity to a Boeing facility.
Some of these positions are expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Some of these positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2022
- Currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date on or after August 2022
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Majoring in: Facilities Management, Architecture, Economics, Business, Real Estate, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Construction Management, or related
- Strong academic performance (GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Previous internships or work experience and/or involvement with student or civic organizations
- Passion for the aerospace industry and interest and enthusiasm for a career with Boeing
- The ability to telecommute
- The ability to relocate and work onsite
- Preferred skills: Project Management, Construction/Facilities Management, Data Analytics, Logistics, Problem Solving, Business Acumen, Finance, AutoCAD, Computing Skills, Strategic Planning/Development, Space Planning, Property Management, and/or Lease Management
Some of these positions offer relocation based on eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
These positions are for first shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: Min: $32,000 – Max: $74,000
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - A
Job Type:Intern (Seasonal)
Job Code:UAMRIA-SR (UB3)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement