Boeing Summer 2022 Internship Program (Paid) – Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Arlington, VA, USA - Auburn, WA, USA - Berkeley, MO, USA - Charleston, SC, USA - Chicago, IL, USA - El Segundo, CA, USA - Everett, WA, USA - Fairfax, VA, USA - Fredericksburg, VA, USA - Hazelwood, MO, USA - Heath, OH, USA - Helena, MT, USA - Houston, TX, USA - Huntington Beach, CA, USA - Huntsville, AL, USA - North Charleston, SC, USA - Philadelphia, PA, USA - Portland, OR, USA - Renton, WA, USA - Saint Charles, MO, USA - Salt Lake City, UT, USA - San Antonio, TX, USA - Seattle, WA, USA - Tukwila, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing has shaped the course of human history through aerospace innovations. Today, because of our amazing people and powerful technologies, our products connect the globe, protect freedom, and advance scientific discovery around the world. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, we're inspiring the next century of explorers – we invite you to join us on the journey ahead!
As an intern at Boeing, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
The Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) organization at Boeing delivers safer, healthier, and more sustainable solutions to our business partners and employees.
Specific EHS internship opportunities include:
- Ergonomics - At The Boeing Company, Ergonomists work with employees to identify and help resolve ergonomic risk throughout our factories and office environments. As a member of the Ergonomics team, you will be evaluating how employees perform their work in a variety of environments, and assisting in identifying and developing solutions to reduce or eliminate ergonomic stressors. You will work alongside experienced members of the greater EHS team and engineering to implement new tooling, technology, and/or processes to improve how products are built.
- Industrial Hygiene - Industrial Hygienists play a critical role in evaluating and reducing workplace exposures to chemical and physical hazards and keeping our workplaces safe and healthy. As part of the Industrial Hygiene team, you will get hands on sampling experience in a variety of different environments, including working with and around Boeing's products. You will help analyze industrial hygiene data, work alongside experienced industrial hygienists, and help increase compliance and develop solutions for exposure reduction.
- Workplace Safety - Safety and Health Specialists are critical in the evaluation of health and safety risk, as well as maintaining regulatory compliance in and around Boeing products. As a Workplace Safety intern, you will work alongside experienced members of the greater EHS team and engineering to implement new tooling, new technology, or process change to improve how products are built.
- Data Analytics - Data Analytics Team members work with peers, senior leaders and executives to analyze large datasets and perform trend analysis, maintain and analyze records, create and update performance metrics, and inform strategic initiatives based on the data.
- Environmental Specialist - As part of the Boeing Environment Team, you will join the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team supporting Airplane Program and/or Boeing Defense, Space, and Security operations. The EHS team works collaboratively across multiple environmental disciplines (for example, air quality, storm water, hazardous waste, solid waste, industrial wastewater, spill prevention, and underground storage tanks), and supports conservation/sustainability initiatives as well as regulatory compliance.
- Sustainability - Sustainability Interns will have the opportunity to work with members of the Global Enterprise Sustainability team and key partners across the Enterprise to gain a broad understanding of Boeing’s sustainability strategy, priorities and goals and how they are informed by stakeholder engagement, external sustainability frameworks and rating agencies, and global policy and regulations. Interns will have the opportunity to engage on environment, social and governance related topics, gaining skills which include benchmarking, data analysis, project management, change management, strategy development, executive presentation development, communication, and cross-functional collaboration/network building.
Some of these position allow telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions have been identified as virtual opportunities and do not require applicants to live in close proximity to a Boeing facility.
Some of these positions are expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Some of these positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2022
- Currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date on or after August 2022
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Majoring in: Human Factors, Ergonomics, Safety, Sustainability, Biology, Chemistry, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related
- Strong academic performance (GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Previous internships or work experience and/or involvement with student or civic organizations
- Passion for the aerospace industry and interest and enthusiasm for a career with Boeing
- The ability to telecommute
- The ability to relocate and work onsite
- Preferred skills: Computing skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis on Excel), presentation skills, ability to quickly adapt to schedule changes, data analysis, project management, change management, communication, organization, regulatory knowledge, risk analysis
Some of these positions offer relocation based on eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
These positions are for first shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: Min: $32,000 – Max: $74,000
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - A
Job Type:Intern (Seasonal)
Job Code:UAMRIA-SR (UB3)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement