We are looking for a Body Shop Apprentice/ Detail Technicians to work in our new Post Falls, ID shop. This position is offered with a full benefits package with competitive pay starting at $20 an hour (DOE). This is a great opportunity for someone who is wanting to learn and further their career and become part of the Kenworth Sales family.
The primary function of the Apprentice Body/Detail Technician is to perform light disassembly and minor wreck repairs, light detail work on customer equipment in a superior and thorough manner
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the Body Shop Manager with the care, storage and usage of all materials used in body work processes. Follows all safety standards set by applicable governmental guidelines, including state fire and health codes, and federal OSHA guidelines.
2. Maintains a regular working knowledge and familiarity with all EPA and OSHA documentation as required by applicable government health and safety regulations, including OSHA and EPA guidelines.
3. Performs work directed by Body Shop Manager in a timely and thorough manner. Maintains superior standard of workmanship in all services performed.
4. Advises Body Shop Manager of any recommended changes in services ordered by customer.
5. Determines if any further servicing should be recommended to customer, and communicates such recommendations to the Body Shop Manager.
6. Maintains a level of training and experience with specialized materials, equipment, machinery, and body working techniques necessary for superior servicing of the customer's equipment. Attends training sessions as required from time to time by Body Shop Manager
7. Preform light detail work to include buffing, polishing decal removal and light interior detail
8. Performs additional services required when any piece of equipment is returned by customer because of Body Shop Technician's faulty workmanship.
High school diploma or the equivalent
Prefer Applicant out of Collision training program or some experience in Body Shop
Working knowledge of body repair methods
Valid driver's license
Ability to interpret vendor catalogs
We offer a full benefits package, retirement options, paid life insurance, supplemental insurance, sick and vacation time, and paid holidays.
Kenworth Sales Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.