Under minimal supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repairs, installs, commissions, and provides general servicing of systems. Troubleshoots and resolves HVAC mechanical, electrical, and controls problems. Responds to service calls. Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
A key member of the Albireo team, the Service System Specialist will be responsible for providing the execution for HVAC Building Automation projects, to include:
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance service activities to ensure optimal performance of system.
- Provide emergency service and response to customer sites as dispatched.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair and/or replace control components and
- controls systems. Also, the ability to troubleshoot mechanical, HVAC and electrical
- issues as related to the BAS Control system operation.
- Load and update software on network controllers, field controllers, computers, and servers.
- Understand complex control systems including diagnosing and troubleshooting networking and integration.
- Write, create, load, test and commission programming software and graphics utilizing various programming languages and software.
- Perform and execute assigned work efficiently and professionally.
- Communicate with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Keep
- customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and
- recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale
- of add-on work.
- Train the customer in control systems operations including obtaining customer
- Training form, providing training certificates.
- Assist sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads and proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment. May assist with job layouts.
- Complete and submit timely electronic documentation including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
- Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- Requires extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems.
- Five + years of servicing electronic controls and HVAC equipment.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications as related to the HVAC Industry.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean record.
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match