Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Provide manufacturing support for manufacture or remanufacture of new and UX Blowers, components for the facility. Utilize manual and automated production equipment, various hydraulic or pneumatic tools for completion of responsibilities in accordance with in-house manufacturing and quality procedures to ensure all products meet specified requirements. Inspect work completed on components to internal inspection criteria for compliance to quality or engineering requirements utilizing fixtures, precision measuring devices and or testing protocols. Sign-off on the process documentation for each of the work steps performed. Required to process components in compliance with internal processing requirements. Required to perform work in compliance to all safety and EHS policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years industrial or manufacturing experience
- This is a 2nd shift job - must be able and willing to work 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM
Desired Characteristics :
- Knowledge of EHS procedures and policies
- Knowledge of safe use of manual equipment and hand tools for assigned product lines.
- Working knowledge of use of inspection measurement equipment
- Understanding of all manufacturing and quality procedures associating assigned product line in a lean manufacturing environment
- Maintain acceptable defect rates
- Successful completion of training requirements
- Where applicable, trained in special processes such as but not limited to welding or non-destructive testing, auditing, etc…
- On the job training for 3 months
- Demonstrate ability to safely complete job tasks utilizing manual or automated equipment as well as use of gages needed for inspection or testing as required
- Demonstrate ability to document and record inspection results per in-house procedures
- Successful completion of quality audit to internal procedures on assigned product line and/or use of equipment
All salaried new hires must be fully vaccinated or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, where permitted by applicable law and subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the one dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.