This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Want to learn how to make juice? Lassonde Pappas & Co. is a US Leader in beverage manufacturing dedicated to our team members, customers and consumers satisfaction. We remain committed to our small-town roots and rural values. Hardworking and caring are qualities that make our teams special. Since 1942, we’ve been producing delicious products for our customers across the country!
To provide the best for our customers, we focus on building the best team by creating and advancing an inclusive environment amongst our diverse workforce. If you’re passionate about customer satisfaction, reliable, and committed to being and doing better, join us!
We value each of our employee’s total wellbeing. To support employees in all stages of their wellness journey, we have a robust benefits program including: medical, dental, and vision coverage options, growth and development potential, along with 401-K, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Fairs, Gym Membership Discounts, and so much more!
The Blender will be responsible for ensuring the proper blend of concentrates are used according to customer specifications. This position is responsible for ensuring food safety and food quality of all products manufactured. This role reports to the QA Supervisor and is based out of our Springdale, Arkansas location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read and follow blending guidelines as set forth on a formula sheet to adhere to company and customer specifications
- Match color and flavor and other quality attributes of juice to control standard, weigh and pump ingredients for batch, open drums and containers for blending in batch
- Perform quality checks before releasing batch for production such as brix, acid, pH, sensory and color and adjust batches to meet specifications
- Use computer touch screen to fill batch tanks with bulk ingredients
- Use computers to research inventory needs and make batch corrections
- Use hand held scanners to batch formulas
- Responsible for resolving all errors related to batches
- Perform sanitation of tanks and rooms, move empty drums/totes/bins for disposal or storage
- Accountable for food safety, food quality and regulatory requirements for their position
- Encouraged to notify management about actual or potential food safety issues
- Adopt and maintain all SQF requirements for their position
- Empowerment to work with supervision to resolve food safety and food quality issues within their scope of work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months manufacturing experience.
- Must be proficient in mathematics.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Forklift Certification
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Credibility and Integrity
- Build and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to train others as needed
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.