Union Tank Car Company
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
** We are holding Open Interviews Onsite**
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2022
Time: 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Location: Union Tank Car Company (UTLX) - 400 S. Blanchard Street, Valdosta GA 31601
WHO WE ARE:
The Company’s regulatory, engineering and commercial expertise make UTLX the preferred source of railcars and services for many of its customers. Owned by the Marmon Group and Berkshire Hathaway, UTLX headquarters is in Chicago’s financial district, close to major public transportation hubs. UTLX offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as an opportunity to be a part of a top-notch team where enthusiasm, expertise, and progressive thinking are valued.
We are looking for Interior Blasters to provide finished products based on customer specifications for 1st & 3rd shift. This position requires someone willing to learn a new trade through on-the-job training. We also have roles for more experienced painters that have a working knowledge of blast, paint, and spray foam insulation.
- Prepares the interior or exterior surface of the tank or hopper car for coating or lining by removing rust, weld slag, scale or other foreign contaminants by directing shot laden compressed air from handheld blast nozzles.
- Uses safety approved air gun to remove grit and dust after blasting. Removes all protective car coverings, blows trucks and other car parts clean and inspects the car to ensure that it has not been damaged.
- Removes all weld spatter, laminations, and sharp edges from inside tank/hopper cars by grinding. Grinds girth weld level on floor when required. Vacuums complete interior of tank/hopper car. Foils and tapes all stainless steel inside tank car as required.
- Maintains his equipment and replenishes the short supply.
- Selects coatings following work specifications and prepares equipment for spraying.
- Masks off components such as valves, trucks, couplers, or areas of the surface not to be sprayed.
- Mixes coatings according to specifications and applies the coating to install or repair a section of a coating using airless spray equipment. This may be to an exterior or interior of a tank or hopper car.
- Cleans and maintains spraying equipment.
- After tank or hopper car is coated, they apply piping prior to starting the bake procedure. They also turn on the blower for a specified period of time before introducing the temperature input.
- Monitors the bake temperature per specifications until the intermediate bake or final bake has been completed.
- Maintains and stores a record of the baking operations.
- Applies decals as required to the tank or hopper car exterior.
- Cleans completed interior coating prior to final inspection.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner and reports potential hazards.
- Moderate to heavy lifting.
- Climbing, ascending, or descending ladders.
- Lifting and carrying of tools and equipment up to 60-65 lbs.
What We Offer:
UTLX strives to be the Employer of Choice. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision with first in class vendors
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Company Paid Benefits: Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 4 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Benefits
- 401k with generous company match and additional employer annual contribution
It is the policy of UTLX to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation, gender identify, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic protected by the law.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.