The BIM/CAD Lead is responsible for creating, overseeing, and enforcing the processes, and standards, of the BIM, CAD, and Documentation Control teams, as well as spearheading large BIM and Design projects.
General Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The BIM Lead can perform all BIM Coordinator’s and CAD Drafter’s responsibilities.
- The BIM Lead oversees and supervises BIM Lead, CAD Lead, and Doc Control Supervisor as well as overall activities of the department, including staffing, job assignments, and training.
- The BIM Lead conducts performance reviews, including setting and tracking goals.
- The BIM Lead interviews applicants and trains new hires.
- The BIM Lead conduct performance reviews, including setting and tracking goals.
- The BIM Lead oversees and tracks model and drawing progress for multiple projects.
- The BIM Lead reviews contracts & contract documents to ensure compliance with contract terms.
- The BIM Lead is the technical and design first point of contact for the BIM, CAD, and Documentation Control teams.
- The BIM Lead reviews models and drawings for quality assurance/quality control in accordance with CAD/BIM Standards and project-specific BIM Execution Plan.
- The BIM Lead offers insight into project requirements for estimating and operational purposes including forecasting and tracking manpower
- The BIM Lead meets with clients (existing and potential), contractors and other project staff.
- The BIM Lead creates, develops, and implements account process improvement(s).
The BIM Lead handles other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional, and lead others to create, develop, and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners.
- Must have proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to effectively read, write, and give oral presentation(s).
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting, and quality requirements.
- Is accountable for BIM/CAD department’s ability to adhere to current company CAD Standards and project-specific requirements.
- Is accountable for BIM/CAD department’s ability to consistently complete projects under budget.
- Is accountable for the Documentation and Control team’s ability to meet deadlines and provide project-specific documentation as needed.
- Maintains customer/client satisfaction
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to comfortably use/climb ladders.
- Can learn Company and customer project management systems.
- Can secure and maintain a Company-sponsored American Express Card.
- Regular attendance is mandatory
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Associate degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have experience in a customer-facing position, such as liaison between the customer and the Company.
- Minimum of five (5) years working as a BIM Coordinator, Detailer or Modeler
- Five (5) years of experience or equivalent education/training that demonstrates the usage of computer-aided design software. AutoCAD, REVIT, and Navisworks experience and proficiency required. Visio experience is a plus.
- Must have the mental capacity to understand and apply job-related concepts, technologies, instructions, procedures, computer and software operations, input data and create/annotate drawings with a very high degree of accuracy on a consistent basis with high throughput.
- Maintains exceptional work ethic and upholds company values. Demands the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Works well as part of a team and independently.
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and MS Project), Windows and email
- Meets Company minimum driving standards
- Manages multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, develop, detailed associated tasks, and manage these to final completion and customer turnover.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work