At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world more connected and sustainable, we understand that climate change is the greatest challenge and opportunity of our generation and are working to establish Jacobs as a leader in clean & smart mobility, we understand that the infrastructure needs of the electric vehicle sector are rapidly evolving and require fast-paced, innovative solutions. Reducing global transportation sector emissions is a top priority and we’re working to decarbonize transportation to improve local air quality by eliminating harmful pollutants and reducing noise pollution for communities. You will be part of a highly collaborative and agile team, delivering cutting edge solutions to world leading clients.
The Building BIM Coordinator (MEP) plays an important role in the design delivery and design integration of projects .
Using technical experience and excellent people skills, the Building BIM Coordinator will be responsible for the digital delivery of the architectural design for projects. The collective team will produce multi-disciplinary designs and associated deliverables in an integrated and holistic manner using appropriate modelling and associated analytical software; BIM Co-Ordinators play a key role in leading and implementing the design and delivery process.
- The digital delivery of the MEP models and information management of the MEP design from bid stage to project close out
- Acting as a technical interface with our IT support services for the architectural toolset
- Supporting the BIM manager in the delivery of digital outputs within project teams and the seamless sharing of information with other discipline teams
- Task level management and of the BIM model
- Representing Jacobs in liaising with clients, engineers, and other design team members
- Develop and maintain excellent team relationships through successful project execution
- Development of a content library suitable for the Structural team and integrated with the ETN library
- Assisting in the preparation of technical and commercial bid proposals, supporting the BIM Manager in responding to responses to ERI, producing MIDP, TIDP and BEPs
The position can be performed from virtually any location in the United States #EVjobs
- Relevant experience in the design, specification and procurement of buildings
- BRE or similar level accreditation
- A clear understanding of our multi-disciplinary design approach and the delivery of projects to a high quality, from bid stage to operation
- Experience in the successful management of the MEP elements of projects
- Facility and/ or Industrial design experience including pharmaceutical/specialized manufacturing, semiconductor facilities, data center, or similar: wet and dry calculations, specification, detailing and sizing
- Experience and understanding of multi-disciplinary design processes
- An excellent knowledge of BIM and the ability to implement the use 3D multi-disciplinary modelling on projects
- An understanding of the analytical tools that support the MEP, including the ability to undertake early energy modelling, detailed energy calculations, lighting and daylighting
- Ability to integrate digital design information with specialist analytical software such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and acoustics
- Ability to use modelling and analytical tools to eliminate health and safety risks in the design
- Established Professional network within the EV market preferred
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.