ASEC is an award-winning, employee-owned small business focused on providing value and innovation in the areas of engineering, training, logistics, and flight services. Doing what is right for the Warfighter is reflected in everything we do. We have an opportunity for a Billing Specialist to join our corporate Finance team. This is an excellent position to gain experience and grow into other accounting functional areas.
As our Billing Specialist, you will:
- Prepare billing invoices for all assigned projects and tasks and submit for review and approval
- Capture supporting documentation and ensure accuracy of data and invoice submission.
- Track progress of invoices from submission through payment.
- Respond to billing inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of billing/invoicing issues
- Follow up on unpaid invoices and run ad-hoc reports.
- Support maintenance of accounting system invoice formats
- Interface collaboratively with project managers and other functional organizations including contracts and finance
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field, desired
- Three years or more of related DoD Billing experience
- At least one year of government contracting experience preferred
- Deltek Costpoint experience, specifically with the Billing and Projects module
- Demonstrated experience with billing various types of contracts (CPFF, CPFH, FFP) and processing subcontract invoices
- Familiar with submitting prime invoices into the government WAWF system
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Ability to interact in a positive way with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under tight time constraints
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications with an aptitude to execute advanced Excel functions
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed to assist with high volume workload or special projects
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote the most qualified persons for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. ASEC will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they choose to inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.