EMCOR Services Combustioneer is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Founded in 1929, Combustioneer offers complete mechanical contracting services from engineering, design, installation and service to HVAC, plumbing, process piping systems, refrigeration and building automation for commercial, institutional and industrial clients.
Job Title: Billing Specialist
Job Summary: EMCOR Services Combustioneer has an immediate opening for a Billing Specialist in Lanham, Maryland.
This position is responsible for accurate and timely processing of customer invoices for the company’s service divisions. The Billing Specialist maintains effective working relationships with external customers as well as internal partners on operations, sales, and finance teams to meet customer requirements and company’s objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process T&M, fixed price, and service agreement invoices accurately and timely to ensure prompt cash collection and minimal disputes.
- Set up and maintain customer location files within ERP.
- Update customer location files with accurate information including rates, contacts, billing methods, special requirements, equipment updates, etc.
- Email, mail, and upload processed invoices per customers’ requirements.
- Monitor the status of service calls to ensure timely billing and submittal of invoices.
- Proofread work order tickets and account for all billable costs to ensure invoice completeness, while maintaining an established bill turnaround cycle.
- Review and perform accounting close for completed service orders.
- Engage with team members across departments to streamline the billing process:
- manage monthly unbilled service work review,
- work with service operations team to resolve customer disputes,
- communicate with field technicians regarding billable items.
- Address customer questions regarding invoices and resolve discrepancies.
- Build effective relationships with external customers.
- Process cost corrections / adjustments and credit memos.
- Update and maintain billing rate tables for contract and non-contract customers.
- Support cash collection function, as needed.
- Support financial month close process.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; high school or general equivalency diploma (GED) required.
- Three years of experience required; experience in a similar role and industry preferred.
- Prior experience with a service company, preferably in the mechanical, electrical, or facilities maintenance industry, in a billing or dispatching/coordinating capacity.
- Microsoft Office and ERP system experience required.
- Outstanding communication, customer service, and multitasking skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication, self-motivated and interpersonal skills.
- Must have extreme attention to detail, experience handling high-volume of data, superior organizational skills, and multitasking ability to meet overlapping deadlines.
- Highly motivated with ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding HVAC mechanical service business or extensive experience in accounting or dispatching environment a plus.
EMCOR Services Combustioneer requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Services Combustioneer is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.