Advance the automotive market and advance your career at Gentex! Join a collaborative culture devoted to innovation, cooperation, and continuous improvement. Your ideas are not just heard, they are celebrated! Explore Gentex today!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Must be bilingual Spanish speaking
- To ensure that the production lines are designed to provide the proper tools needed to efficiently meet the customer demand.
- Works as part of a team dedicated to continuous improvement that works within company policy to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain Control Plans, FMEA’s, Process Flow Charts and Assembly Drawings.
- Reduce line inefficiency in both personnel and W-I-P. Emphasize and show commitment to continuous improvement.
- Monitor production process to improve product flow.
- Provide accurate documentation of the production area such as work instructions, visual aids and Bill of Materials.
- Layout workstations ergonomically ensuring production lines are properly laid out and equipped with the proper workstation and tools to produce the product effectively fool-proofing.
- Design material handling. Assist in training and leading the team in problem solving.
- Ensure packaging meets customer’s specification.
- Work with the area supervisor to ensure product is moving smoothly.
- Develop interpersonal skills to work effectively with employees one-on-one to ensure complete understanding of World Class techniques.
- Determine assembly procedures with assistance of other departments.
- Production Flow and Daily Production Rate.
- Assist in planning the production personnel and master schedule to meet our customer current and future demands while maintaining the high level of product quality required by the customer/Gentex.
- Interface with other departments on the production teams’ behalf to ensure that the company quality standards and customer requirements are met.
- Participate on and launch team introduction of new products.
- Assist the area supervisors with line management issues. Inform supervisor of any process changes that are suggested to operators.
- Take product from design stage to full production. Work with production to resolve quality issues and line rejects/RMA.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking
- 4 year college degree in a technical, scientific or related field preferred.
- Ability to communicate a full understanding of company policy.
- Work schedule must be suitable for production needs.
- Some travel required for customer and plant visits.
- Ability to communicate difficult issues with others.
Gentex is an equal opportunity employer
Gentex extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees regardless of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), disability, marital status, military service, height, weight, genetic information, or any other reason protected by law.
Gentex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gentex will not discriminate against any qualified individual who can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Understand your right to work
At Gentex, we use E-verify to confirm you're authorized to work in the U.S.
E-Verify – English & Spanish
Right to Work – English
Right to Work - Spanish