About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
The Bids Analyst-Infusion Systems will work with sales to expedite requests for proposals, leases, and bids (formal requests for information and pricing). Assist team with reviewing and processing of purchase orders. Draft agreements for sales to present to our customers and review upon signature and facilitate internal signature for processing. Strong analytical skills required for calculating financial analyses for leases, payment options, contract extensions and rentals. The accuracy of the work directly affects the efficiency and credibility of the department as well as the overall organization. The work requires daily interaction with various internal departments such as sales, marketing, legal, customer support, contract administration and sales finance.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Calculate financial analyses as needed for leases and payment plan options.
- Work with general bids analysts, marketing, legal, sales, credit teams and other departments as needed interpret bid requirements, analyze data and prepare responses according to established guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing, obtaining necessary approvals and processing of purchase orders for capital equipment.
- Prepare Infusion Systems Analyses to determine financial requirements for bid/proposal/purchase/rollovers/extensions/leases. Submit to Credit Team for credit approval, Sales Finance for CMIII and appropriate sales manager, legal representative, marketing manager for approval as required.
- Responsible for the management of all Bid (RFI’s, RFP’s, RFQ’s) about the company, products and services. - Retrieve and review bids from Vendor/other websites or from Bid Box.
- Document initial bid information in Salesforce.com as soon as the documents are received and all essential conference call information in Salesforce.com.
- Interprets bid requirements, analyzes data requested and prepares responses accordingly and within established company guidelines.
- Coordinates and conducts conference calls and meetings with all relevant functional business areas as needed throughout the entire bid process.
- Completes Bids documents by using information from Bid/Marketing Product and Company Library.
- Ensure all Bid related information and approvals are received by Bid Due Date.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires basic knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish assigned task.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Preferred Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Needs advanced knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication/writing skills and stress tolerance a must.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to calculate figures, financial comparisons, analyses
- Able to adapt to frequently changing situations. Excellent organizational skills; ability to effectively manage time to perform a variety of tasks concurrently in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented; accurate; thorough. Critical thinking/analytical ability. Resilience/stress tolerance. Independent; able to work with little supervision yet be an effective team member.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 02-04 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Constantly:Office environment
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled