RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Mechanical offers commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical piping, process piping, HVAC and refrigeration construction.
RK Contributions medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Discounts on products and services for life necessities such as phone, internet, and work apparel
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for assisting finance management with Budgeting, Forecasting, and assisting in making business units run smoother and more efficiently. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be critical in the Financial Planning & Analysis function for the company and will be a key player in the Company’s annual budgeting process, strategic planning, Actual to Budget variance analysis and special projects. They will provide financial consulting and strategic support to finance management including, report creation and data gathering, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, preparation of financial documents, and other projects requested by finance management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support for ‘optimal’ business function. This position reports to the Controller.
- Own the annual Financial Budgeting process.
- Cash Flow forecasting and analysis.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations for decision making purposes.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Generate reports for performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Responsible for continuous development and improvement of Budgeting and Financial Forecasting.
- Prepare monthly financial variance analysis commentary, including Actuals verse Budget, and suggest corrective actions.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in various departments/ programs.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Prompt, punctual, and regular attendance during core business hours, in an office environment (partial remote work considered but not guaranteed), currently located in the Stapleton area of Denver. Ability to occasionally travel between corporate offices and jobsites within the Denver Metro Area, during work hours.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
Principal Career Level:
- 5-10 years of position specific experience.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Devises new solutions to problems encountered. Makes decisions independently regarding complexities and methods.
- College/university graduate with a degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Preferred experience with Cyberquery and/or Power BI.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Denver Business Journal
- #1 Denver-Area Mechanical Contractor 2014- Present
- #6 Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Company: X-Large, 2019
- #7 Denver-Area Corporate Foundation, 2020
- #7 Denver-Area Manufacturing Firm, 2020
- #14 Denver-Area Healthiest Employers, 2020
- #16 Largest Denver-Area Private Employer, 2020
- #22 Denver-Area Private-Sector Employer, 2020
- #23 Denver-Area Corporate Philanthropists, 2020
- ColoradoBiz Magazine
- #8 Top 200 Private Companies List, 2020
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) - Rocky Mountain
- 1st Place Specialty Contractor Award of Excellence- Ascent Union Station
- 2nd Place Specialty Contractor Award of Merit- Pike Peak National Cemetery
- Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC)
- “Platinum Level” Company in STEP Safety Management System
- Platinum level ratings or higher from the ABC STEP program for nine of the past twelve consecutive years
- Colorado Manufacturing Awards
- RK Mission Critical- CMA Building and Construction Manufacturer of the Year
- Colorado Workforce Development Council
- 2020 Colorado Apprenticeship Program of the Year, Employer
- Engineering News Record
- 2020 ENR Mountain States Specialty Contractor of the Year
- 2019 Colorado Project of the Year Winner- Gaylord Rockies
- 2020 Office/Retail/Mixed-Use, Award of Merit: Financial House
- 2020 Cultural/Worship, Award of Merit: Denver Art Museum Sie Welcome Center
- Top 40 and highest ranked Mechanical Firm in Colorado on ENRs Top 50 Firms in Mechanical, 2020
- #8 Top 20 Firms in Sheet Metal, 2020
- #19 Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection, 2020
- #95 ENRs “The Top 600 Specialty Contractors”, 2020
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- #16 Top 200 Performers, 2020
- #2 Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors, 2020
- #5 Top 30 Electrical Contractors, 2020
- America Heart Association