View more related jobs
- Administers the Company’s benefit programs to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all benefits and services. Completes required documentation to meet legal and compliance requirements. Maintains comprehensive and detailed records for all programs. Maintains legal plan documents, files, reports and employee documentation.
- Administers the leave of absence (LOA) process - administers FMLA/STD paperwork, follows-up with the employee or treating physician as needed, records FMLA hours and monitors LOA status, i.e., military, jury duty, medical, personal, etc.
- Processes and manages all workers’ compensation claims, and coordinates claims with third-party administrator. Acts as internal case coordinator and follows up with employee, management, HSE and the workers comp carrier.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, verifying changes such as hours worked, taxes, addresses, direct deposits, garnishments, bonuses, disability payments, on call payments, shift differential, etc.
- Maintains the integrity of the HCM by accurately processing new hires, terminations, title, salary and other job-related changes, in accordance with internal approval processes.
- Requests and maintains documentation for life events that trigger benefit enrollment. Coordinates COBRA compliance with third party partner.
- Coordinates and prepares communication related to the insurance plans and coordinates open enrollment meetings, including preparing presentations and updating the rates in the HCM.
- Conducts new hire employee benefit orientation providing and dates the onboarding process to ensure the program is effective.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with benefits and payroll administration.
- Knowledge of benefits related regulations, including IRS Code Section 125, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, ACA.
- Knowledge of state Worker’s Compensation laws.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Well organized with an attention for detail.
- Excellent communicator and must work well with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with UKG HCM System (formerly UltiPro) preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing operation preferred.