SSI is seeking an experienced Business Development & Capture Manager with a history of winning new work to establish customer relationships, secure new partnerships, and win new business in the U.S. Naval Aviation marketspace. The position is remote (100% telework) but is expected to be able to engage regularly with customers and partners near the Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Lexington Park, MD and the greater Washington DC metro area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and work cooperatively across the business to develop and submit compliant, profitable, winning proposals.
- Design and execute capture plans that lead to new business.
- Develop teaming and pricing strategies and lead proposal and pricing activities.
- Manage the business development lifecycle and build a robust, multi-year pipeline.
- Negotiate and secure teaming agreements that maximize value and Pwin.
- Qualify and shape opportunities within NAVAIR through direct customer and partner engagement at all levels and ranks.
- Generate and present material to customers and senior executives.
- Meet with existing and new customers, clients, and teammates (Prime, Sub) to develop, establish, build and maintain relationships.
- Maintain records of prospects, clients, and competitor information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Collaborate with the business execution team to ensure a clear, coordinated customer messaging.
- Perform special assignments related to business development activities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years’ experience OR a Master’s and 7+ years’ professional/military experience that includes a background in business development and/or project/program management.
- Experience with the government acquisition and requirement development process and familiar with U.S. Naval Aviation.
- Experience in marketing, sales and writing successful proposals.
- Experience and understanding of pricing and pricing strategies across multiple contract types.
- Must have existing relationships with U.S. Naval Aviation teaming partners both large and small.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining relationships with customers and industry partners.
- Have current market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Experience performing market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- The applicant must be able to gain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Frequent travel to other company and customer facilities may be required.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- An advanced degree and 10+ years’ military experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with naval aviation aircraft carrier operations, Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Navy Staff (OPNAV), and/or the Air Warfare Division (N98) is preferred.
- Experience and confidence working in a small business environment.
- Experience in the creation of business capture/strategy development, prioritized investment plans, and corporate teaming/proposal development.
- Experience with the government acquisition and requirement development process.
- A proven track record of successful capture management across US Federal and/or DoD organizations at a variety of acquisition sizes and types.
- Prior work with small business and an ability to secure teaming relationships with prime contractors.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an appetite for growth and a desire to win.
- Excellent work ethic and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong, competitive, and self-motivated personality
- Ability to be resourceful, diplomatic, flexible, enthusiastic, energetic, and professional
- Ability to work well independently and be part of a team environment
- Ability to manage deadlines and time constraints
- An active security clearance is preferred