Requisition ID 38128
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Manufacturing/Production
Posting Type DNI
Kerry is a global leader in taste & nutrition. Our manufacturing facilities produce and supply the world with over 15,000 different food, beverage, and pharmaceutical products throughout the world. With a commitment toward sustainability and reputation for innovation, a career with Kerry offers you the chance to change the way the world sees food and nutrition. A career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment
About the role
Primary Purpose: Blending operators run the mixing and packaging equipment of the blend lines. Operators are responsible for the quality and food safety of the product while also maintaining line efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret production schedule in chronological order to determine next to process order to run.
- Scan raw materials into SAP against PI sheet to ensure correct ingredients are being used for specific formula.
- Execute transactions in Buehler operating system to keep line running and troubleshoot issues.
- Cut open raw material bags and dump ingredients into blender following dump SOPs.
- Assist in changeovers/cleanouts.
- Perform daily food safety checks and document results.
- Escalate any food safety concerns to management.
- Operate Supersack lift to utilize MAC system on Line 2.
- Validate bag weight on scale to synchronize with production schedule/current process order.
- Operate packing carousel to maximize line efficiency.
- Enter label date into SAP and audit final packaging label against production schedule.
- Complete bi-hourly metal detector checks against SOP, properly documents results in SAP.
- Send product samples to the lab per batch and as needed.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Maintain GMPS, PPE, and 5S standards.
- Reports all Accidents and Near-misses immediately.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The above listed duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required. Incumbents will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills
- 2 years previous manufacturing experience
- Organizational & excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer experience
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English at a level to facilitate the understanding of the terminology of the job.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and/or verbal procedures or instructions.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous work experience within a food manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Previous experience using SAP
- Previous experience operating a sit-down fork lift
- Previous experience with scanners/RF guns.
- Food manufacturing plant
- Warehouse environment
- Ability kneel, bend, squat, stoop, carry, reach, stand, grip, push, pull, arm extensions and perform elevated work.
- Ability to work in hot, cold or wet environments.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds continuously throughout 12-hour shift.
- Ability to work overtime and use a flexible schedule.
- Ability to walk up to 135 feet one way many times a day.
- Ability to continuously stand/walk up to 12 hours.
- Ability to climb stairs or ladder.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .