JOB TITLE: Batching Supervisor
EMPLOYER: Tessemaes LLC
REPORTS TO: Chief Manufacturing Officer
Shift: 6am – 2:30pm or until needed if later then 2:30pm
WHO WE ARE: Tessemae’s is a rapidly growing, high-performing manufacturer, innovator, and distributer of organic salad dressings and condiments. We put our consumers first in everything that we do, and we govern ourselves with the values of teamwork, respect, empathy, quality, innovation, and accountability. Our disruptive thinking, risk-taking, collaborative environment creates an exciting and engaging culture.
We are looking for a BATCHING SUPERVISOR who will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the availability, batching and distribution of raw and packaging materials for use in the production function. This position must also ensure that all food safety and sanitation standards are implemented and maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in distribution of raw and packaging materials.
- Develops and implements team concepts within the department.
- Monitors food safety through proper ingredient handling practices.
- Ensures compliance of Pre-weigh procedures.
- Ensures movement and proper flow of Cold storage ingredients.
- Contacts Quality Control if questions arise about ingredients.
- Supports safety program.
- Assures batching associates have equipment needed to preform job duties.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of the product run on the lines based on specifications.
- Duplicates and communicates all safety and good manufacturing practices in accordance with company policy as well as all other company policies.
- Inspects products and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
- Directs Associates in sanitary and pest-control procedures.
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions.
- Confers with management and Sanitation Associates on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists Associates in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate Associates to achieve work goals.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Confers with team captains to determine progress of work and to provide methods to improve efficiencies.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed and maintained fairly and consistently and are communicated to all associates in a consistent manner. e.: Good Manufacturing Practices, Housekeeping, Safety, Work Rules and Company Policies.
- Assists in writing and administering performance evaluations for all associates in perspective areas.
- Maintains general housekeeping, and the cleanliness and organization of your work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises 3-5 employees within the Batching department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Three - Five years related experience (including people managment), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Internet Software; Manufacturing Software; Payroll Systems; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Inventory Software; Order Processing Systems; Project Management Software; Word Processing Software (Word); (Outlook);
- Other skills required:
- Ability to manage others, delegate responsibility and provide support.
- Ability to supervise with aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance.
- Plan, delegate, and organize tasks to consistently produce results.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.