Location: Lithonia, GA
Summary: Supports overall goal achievement with the transport, storage and unit size reduction of all raw ingredient materials. The staging task gathers all the required components in the formula that are in full units.
The Batching task is an extension of the staging process. It achieves the total required amount of the components in the formula by weighing out the different between the amounts of full units that are staged.
The oiling process gathers all the full units of liquids required in the formula. When full units do not meet the required amount on the formula the different will be weighed out into a part container.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gather and weigh batch dries for all products.
- Stage whole units for all products.
- Batch the critical oils for all products
- Document and record the usage of all staged and batched ingredients.
- Productivity as measured by accuracy of cycle counts and data input.
- Quality as measured by error frequency against cycle counts.
- Attendance, absenteeism and tardiness, measured against standards.
- Safety as measured by accident frequency against standards.
- Enter usage of raw materials into manufacturing system.
- Research and resolve errors in tracking system.
- Participate in semi-annual cycle counts.
- Conduct area cycle counts as needed
- Operate forklift, conduct inspections and battery changing functions.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Placard and identify all raw material batches and delivery to mixing.
- Communication with lab, inventory, scheduling and mixing personnel on regular basis.
- Coordinate multiple tasks and establish priorities based on current information.
- Will be cross trained on Warehouse Material Handler tasks and rotated in these.
- High school education or GED with six-months related experience or training.
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Perform limited data entry into inventory tracking system.
- Forklift certification.