Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, construction-building materials in the United States, has an immediate opening for a Plant Operator/Batcher to support Ready Mix Concrete operations in Rockville, MD. The Batcher is primarily responsible for batching concrete using a computerized batching system.
- Operates computerized batching equipment to heat, weigh and mix aggregate, cement and water to produce concrete that conforms to order specifications.
- Maintains communications with Dispatch
- Ensures environmental and safety standards are met
- Takes inventory of raw materials and reports needs to appropriate persons
- May assist with general plant housekeeping
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform basic math to include adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying numbers.
- A minimum of 2 years of concrete batching experince in concrete ready mix.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of concrete batching technology, equipment and methods
- Working computer knowledge; including applicable Microsoft office software
- Experienced in the wet and dry batch process
- Proficient in Eagle Batch computer systems and computerized dispatch systems.
- Experienced in material handling systems.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.