Exciting ChallengesBroad Function and Purpose of Position:
Batch Operators are responsible for the daily operation of complex chemistry processes. Batch Operators execute daily production requirements, achieving safety, housekeeping, quality, rate objectives and participating in continuous improvement activities as directed. Batch Operators must be able to work independently within the framework of a team while demonstrating a positive attitude. .Specific Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the plants Sika SAFE Program.
- Understand, comply, and regularly inspect the work area to ensure all safety policies and practices are followed and a high degree of industrial housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Oversee and operate packaging equipment to ensure that all area specific functions conform to process and procedure specifications.
- Drive cultural change and initiatives which emphasize safety, communication, co-operation, development, teamwork, environmental compliance, quality, productivity and waste elimination.
- Perform inventory check of raw materials and packaging materials for daily production schedule.
- Oversee and operate mixing equipment to ensure that all area specific functions conform to process and procedure specifications.
- Ensure mixing equipment is running smoothly, within validated parameters, and in compliance with SOP’s.
- Ensure mixing processes are carried out and documented within a high level of compliance including but not limited to order of addition, mixing times, and other designated set points.
- Performs line change overs and simple-to-moderate equipment adjustments and troubleshooting.
- Understand, comply, and ensure that packaged products meet quality standards of customers including but not limited to product weight tolerances, overall appearance, DOT Labeling, and batch/identification numbers.
- Uses PLC and observes flowmeters and pressure gauges, turn valves, and start pumps to transfer fluid chemicals to or from specified tanks and to processing areas.
- Guide, assist and train new and temporary employees.
- Demonstrates ability to use a computer and various computer programs including SAP and PLC programs
- To execute other projects or activities to-be-determined as directed by Plant Leadership.
We Need Your SkillsQualifications/Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience: 3+ year experience in an industrial environment/manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Must have good math skills, including the ability to work with fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must have the ability to develop process expertise in order to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Must be able to maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and overtime as business requires.
- Must be self-motivated and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and other equipment as trained
Sika is a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry.
Sika has subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world and manufactures in over 300 factories. Sika employs more than 25,000 people and generated sales of CHF 8.1 billion in fiscal 2019. At the end of 2019 Sika won the Swiss Technology Award for a ground breaking new adhesive technology.
Building Trust Every Day
- Sika is committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment. We don’t see barriers or boundaries, only possibilities.
- We firmly believe that the diversity of our workforce is a key contributing factor to our success story.