This position reports to the Base Manager but will also report to the Director of Operations with regards to Operational Control, Flight Following and the Emergency Response Plan. The Base Supervisor is accountable for managing all operational and customer relations staff in the Guest Relations Department at their assigned base. Check regularly for potential reservation errors that can influence customer experience and company profitability. Work closely with reservations to ensure regular tours, charters and groups are scheduled correctly. Communicate with reservations to ensure opportunities for effective seat utilization and customer experience are maximized. Provide a positive work example to co-workers whilst engaging in general job duties. This position also requires the Base Supervisor to keep its departmental operations in compliance with Blue Hawaiian’s General Operations Manual (GOM) and FAA administered Operations Specifications.
The classification of this position is broad and assigned specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Customer Service
- Greet guests warmly and assist with guest issues empathetically with a primary focus on guest satisfaction.
- Maintain the customer space (building) in excellent working condition and oversee improvement projects
- Engage in marketing initiatives to capture customer demographics.
- Provide outstanding service when dealing with employees, customers, and other company departments.
- Must excel at Check-in, Weight and Balance, Safety Video, Check out, Ramp loading/controlling, and up-sales and retail selling processes.
- Support all company policies and procedures and safety management processes within the department.
- Supervise and coach Guest Relations Agents (GRA) to ensure safety, customer satisfaction, and operational procedures are complied with.
- Properly train and mentor staff to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Analyze workload and determine adequate staffing (hiring needs) and scheduling.
- Ensure flight schedule consolidation to drive aircraft load factor.
- Interface with company accounting is required to ensure billing considerations are complied with, and with marketing to ensure customer satisfaction and contract fulfillment are ensured.
- Ensure facility at Blue Hawaiian Helicopters are kept in a state of good repair and cleanliness.
- Ensure fuel supplies are adequate to fulfill mission requirements.
- Interface with IT to ensure adequate satellite and radio communications and that all computer, satellite, and radio equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance - 5 days a week minimum. Available on weekends. Continuous availability for communication.
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling – 15% (Travel to help cover other location on island)
Subject to applicable laws and Blue Hawaiian policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Blue Hawaiians’ employment practices and policies.
Directly supervises employees in the Guest Services department to include Concierge Base Specialists, Ramp Controllers and Re-fuelers. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Blue Hawaiians will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years sales experience.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience.
- 1-2 years of cash handling experience.
- 1-2 years in a management role.
- Experience in the Aviation industry preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of alertness as job may require working around an aircraft.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and be able to balance multiple tasks successfully.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to effectively present information to guests or fellow employees in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions and apply common sense and logic to various situations.
- Knowledge of aviation safety requirements.
- Knowledge of public relations.
- Skills to schedule staff according to business needs.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with team members, customers, and Hualapai representatives.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, and react to safety, mission, and customer considerations.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and forecast fuel needs.
- Ability to observe, evaluate, and modify passenger processing.
- Knowledge of and Experience with:
- Proper billing procedures,
- Customer interaction and care,
- Proper passenger briefing,
- Hot-loading procedures,
- Hot-fueling procedures,
- Aircraft weight and balance and center-of-gravity procedures.
- Advanced with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.