Creates or Obtains ammunition samples and tests them for compliance to process and/or industry standards or R&D specifications. Maintains written documentation of test results and provides timely feedback to supervisors, technicians and R& D personnel as required. Follows oral and written instructions, wears protective equipment where and when directed and obeys all plant and safety rules and regulations. Supports the facility's mission, safety and ISO goals and directives and is an active participant of the Remington Team.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Works in a safe and orderly manner at all times. Obeys plant, department and area rules and regulations and proactively encourages other team members to do so.
- Obtains, maintains and wears or uses all necessary safety equipment as directed by work instructions or area supervisor.
- Attends shift, department and plant meetings in a timely manner as directed by supervisor.
- Obtains samples of ammunition per work instructions or at the direction of area supervisor.
- Hand loads ammunition of various types, calibers and internal specifications per instructions from Research and Development, Process or Ballistics Engineers.
- Operates handguns, rifles and shotguns of various types, calibers and manufacture to test various parameters of manufactured and procured ammunition.
- Installs, calibrates, operates and adjust various mechanical, electronic and electro-mechanical test and measurement devices or systems.
- Records and/or charts inspection results and provides timely feedback to supervisors or technicians in an effort to correct or prevent the manufacture of nonconforming products.
- Maintains process integrity with proper documentation and observance of process records
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times
- May handle hazardous waste, including labeling, inspecting, storing and transferring.
*NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good
attendance is required. Overtime, including working extended shift hours and/or during scheduled days off, may be required.
Educational Skills and Experience
- High School diploma, G.E.D. certificate or recognized equivalent
- Must not be a convicted felon or otherwise restricted by law from handling or using firearms.
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient enough to perform the following:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
- Read and comprehend process instructions
- Record pertinent process information as required
- Ability to use and interpret gauges to measure and record product performance characteristics, weights and dimensions.
- Must possess basic personal computer skills sufficient enough to navigate menus and select, open, create, edit, save and print basic word and spreadsheet documents.
- Writing, math and communication skills sufficient to make calculations, interpret results, make sound decisions and report findings in a clear, concise and consistent manner.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable challenged individuals to perform the essential functions provided this accommodation does not adversely affect other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; extreme heat; explosives and vibration. Eye protection in the form of approved safety glasses with side shields or approved safety goggles is required. Approved steel-toe safety shoes are required. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually extremely loud and requires hearing protection to be worn in the work area.
- Vision correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision, depth perception and peripheral vision
- Ability to wear ear plugs, ear muffs and a half-mask type respirator.
- Ability to stand or sit for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to occasionally kneel, crouch, bend or extend reach as required to perform tasks
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Ability to grasp and feel small parts with both hands.
- Ability to securely hold and maintain control of handguns with both hands.
Note: One or more of the Physical Demands may be waived to enable challenged individuals the opportunity of employment provided this accommodation does not adversely affect other employees.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled