This position may be located in Europe or the United States.
- Candidates located in EU, please apply to job# 222386
About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates.
About the Industry: From EMI shielding to semiconductor manufacturing, Gore products ensure reliability in an era of constant connectivity. Learn more at gore.com/products/industries
About the Role: We are looking for a Backup & Recovery Administrator to join our Global Data Protection Team who will be energized by working in support of global businesses and collaborating on cross-functional teams. The successful candidate is passionate about being part of the quality processes associated with Enterprise Data Center Operations, recognizes the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships, and is eager to help our internal customers.
This position offers multiple work arrangements, including on-site at our facility in Elkton, Maryland. Hybrid and fully remote work allowed in most locations within the United States, depending upon the responsibilities of the role and business needs.*
- Participate in Enterprise Architecture process by understanding, following, and inputting into the processes and in selection process for hardware and software packages
- Act as the IT Application Owner for one or more applications in Gore’s application portfolio, including, but not limited to Commvault
- Be responsible for the performance, lifecycle planning, compliance, and security of their application(s) ensure that the respective functional/administrative teams are documenting and maintaining application records
- Act as a representative of one or more applications partnering with the business and IT stakeholders in order to coordinate the needed IT services to ensure effective engagement between the business process and IT
- Become a subject matter expert for the owned applications – have a comprehensive understanding of the applications’ architecture, data protection and disaster recovery processes, procedures, contracts, and support arrangements
- Provide Tier-2 support for the owned applications, including escalation to vendor support as necessary for qualified or validated applications in the service of regulated business functions
- Partner with our Software Quality team to create and maintain the necessary documentation and test processes to maintain the application in a qualified/validated state
- Follow relevant IT processes (e.g. SDLC, ITIL) to develop and maintain technical documentation including; specifications, test documents and scripts
- Own any major application changes or upgrades through the entire upgrade process including new software & hardware installations/upgrades, any necessary quality work, and the change processes in ServiceNow
- Maintain the ServiceNow artifacts for the owned applications including the application CI, CI relationships, service catalog items, and standard change templates
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting Data Protection, IT applications, and/or IT infrastructure systems
- Experience working in a Regulated Enterprise IT environment following Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management
- Experience working with customer stakeholders and providing excellent customer service in the support of IT systems
- Experience working with IT vendors, maintaining vendor relationships, and working with vendor support organizations to meet customer needs
- Strong knowledge of how IT infrastructure components (servers, storage, networks, cloud, client application delivery) work together to support the foundational architecture of an IT application
- Demonstrated understanding of various application architectures including client/server, web applications, database platforms, Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation and communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with diverse, global teams across time zones and languages to leverage different skillsets in the support of an IT application
- Ability to manage projects and tight timelines in a fast-paced environment, while balancing changing priorities and frequent interruptions
- Ability to provide team based on-call off hours support as needed and participate in a rotation for scheduled downtime activities and travel up to 5%
- Prior experience with Software Quality Assurance
- Proven ability to interpret and follow established procedures and demonstrated skills in performing detail-oriented work
- Prior experience supporting VMware vSphere Infrastructure, performing Windows and Linux/Unix Server administration, and/or working in Cloud Computing
*Remote Working Arrangements are permitted for Associates in the continental United States (US) and Canada, with appropriate approval and compliance with Gore’s remote working policies, from the country in which they are employed. Locations not eligible for new remote work arrangements include: Alaska and Hawaii (for all roles), and Rhode Island (for wage/hourly roles only).
What We Offer:
At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, health & well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development. Learn more at gore.com/careers
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)