Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Serves on a full time basis as a construction operator assisting the TSSC-IV (T4) Program throughout the United States of America supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Moderate Overtime and 100% Travel will be required.
Ready to put your experience as a construction equipment operator to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record working on a team to get the job done? Do you want to travel the United States of America? Parsons is now hiring an experienced equipment operator with a desire to work on various demolition projects across the United States. Candidate will travel as part of a two-man crew to various sites performing demolition work to return federally leased land back to the landowners. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing and implementing risk safety plans, coordinate with onsite owners, manage expense reports and work in a professional setting. You will travel performing demolition work for approximately 6 consecutive weeks and then return home for one week off. All travel cost are the responsibility of the employee and will be reimbursed via Parsons electronic expense report system. Candidate must have or be able to obtain an active credit card.
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons as the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
- Perform local coordination of on-site work, working in a 2-man self-perform crew.
- Perform cradle to grave operations for projects of relatively limited scope. Specifically focused on demolition activities.
- Must be proficient in operating large excavators, backhoes, and skid steers.
- Communicate with personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work.
- Project locations are at various geographic locations throughout USA and will require 100% travel.
- Maintain, operate and coordinate the use of heavy machinery as required to complete the demolition/restoration work at various sites.
- Collaborate with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- 100% travel and ability to obtain or have a credit card which can be used to support reimbursable travel.
- Candidate must demonstrate skills to maintain, operate and coordinate the use of heavy machinery (Excavator/Backhoe/Skid Steer)
- The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years of experience operating heavy equipment
- Ability to prepare and manage electronic expense reports.
- Requires excellent communication skills and possess a familiarity with PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Prepare daily notes of job activities.
- Complete expense reports on a timely basis via Parsons’ electronic expense reporting system.
- Complete time card on a daily basis via Parsons’ electronic time card system.
- Collaborate with office staff to address project requirements.
- Act as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors while on project site.
- Follow the requirements outlined in the Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Monitor and report to service area lead regarding the progress of construction/demolition activities, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Attend weekly meeting to review project status and discuss issues or concerns.
- 100% travel.
- It is preferred the candidate have approximately 5-8 years of related experience operating large construction equipment (Skid Steer and Excavator are a plus)
- Possess a strong Safety/Quality background.
- Must have the ability to interface with clients and enjoy being hands-on technically in the project.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- CPR/First Aid/AED preferred.
- OSHA certification preferred.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.