As a Backhauler, you will work in a team of 3-5 team members to unload trailers of food products and break down product to meet warehouse specifications.
- Receive product, record code dates and breakdown pallets of product according to receiving procedures
- Compile un-palletized products onto pallets
- Maneuver pallets of product from the dock to correct aisles
- Operate an electric pallet jack/clamp machine/sit-down forklift to move pallets of product off inbound trucks
- Work must be performed at minimum levels of productivity to prevent back-log of product/trucks
- Travel Required: No
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Physical Requirements: You will be constantly standing, walking, riding, carrying, twisting, bending, balancing, seeing, hearing, and handling paperwork. You will be lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs. to 80 lbs. And occasionally you will be pushing, sitting, touching, reaching, climbing, pulling, and gripping!
- Special Skills: Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Communication skills, team player, attention to detail, organizational and problem solving skills. Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Physical abilities: Must be able to safely and efficiently lift up to 60 lbs. Stand/ walk for up 12 hrs
2nd Shift 6PM-Finish
• 401(K) Savings Plan
• Paid Personal/Sick and Vacation Time in the first year for all hourly non-union employees
• Eligible for Day 1 Benefits
• Holiday Pay
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Weekly Pay
General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies
2nd Shift (United States of America)
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.