B Braun PA Intern (Summer 2022) - Manufacturing/Operations (Pain Control)
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary: This internship will help support Pain Control Cost Redution activities.
Braun's Internship Program is designed to provide College and University enrolled or recently graduated students with a meaningful experience within the Life Sciences industry. The students are given an opportunity to gain a valuable corporate or operations learning experience through a finite project determined by each department. Projects vary for each intern assignment depending on the needs of the department, and each will provide the intern with both a meaningful and relevant work experience. Internships are a minimum of a ten to twelve week commitment. A mentor will be assigned to each intern to help guide them through their experience. Interns will be asked to conduct a presentation to their department outlining their internship experience.
- Seeking students enrolled in a Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering OR Business Management Program
- Computer Skills Desired: Microsoft Office Suite
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- B. Braun's Internship Program is designed to provide College and University enrolled or recently graduated students with a meaningful experience within the Life Sciences industry.
- The students are given an opportunity to gain a valuable corporate or operations learning experience through a finite project determined by each department.
- Projects vary for each intern assignment depending on the needs of the department and each will provide the intern with both a meaningful and relevant work experience.
- Internships are a minimum of a ten to twelve week commitment.
- A mentor will be assigned to each intern to help guide them through their experience.
- Interns will be asked to conduct a presentation to their department outlining their internship experience.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Assignments are routine and repetitious in nature. Work performed within narrowly defined parameters. Follows established procedures and guidelines.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Work is typically checked and monitored on a routine basis.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, peers and subordinates.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required
- Completion of Sophomore or higher level at an accredited college or university
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 0-02 years related experience required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently: Stand, Sit
- Constantly: Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally: Climbing stairs/ladders, Finger feeling, Handling, Kneeling/Crawling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Stooping/squatting
- Frequently: Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Constantly: Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, N/A
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Office environment
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled