At FM Industries, we are experiencing significant growth and we are preparing to occupy an additional brand-new facility.
FM Industries Inc., is a leading contract manufacturer of Precision Components and Assemblies for the Semiconductor Capital Equipment Industry. We employ over 265 people in Phoenix and 1,100 in total (based in California.)
We are currently recruiting for Thermal Spray Robot Operators / Coating Technicians for our second shift.
Under direct supervision, the Coating Technician I will perform multiple tasks including inspection, cleaning, blasting, masking, measuring, and packaging of products per customer requirements.
- Process parts according to Work Instructions (WI) and Standard Practice Instructions (SPIs).
- Inspect components for damage and coating quality.
- Operate a variety of tools and equipment such as but not limited to measurement devices, calipers, and blasting equipment following established safety policies and procedures related to each task.
- Successfully achieves certification in blasting, masking, and part coating measurements.
- Successful completion of Coating Technician Qualification Tech-I Training.
- Use and interpret pre and post coating measurement tools.
- Accurately fill out and file all required paperwork.
- Ensure an accurate router accompanies all work orders.
- Move parts following established parts handing procedures.
- Follow all quality and safety requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area per acceptable 6S guidelines.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- Comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, Company policy and accepted safe work practices.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or Technical School.
- Ability to read or learn how to read basic blueprints & perform basic math required.
- Successfully achieves certification in blasting, masking, and part coating measurements within first six months of employment.
- Ability to communicate, read, and interpret documents written in standard English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to pay close attention to details of various processes and test methodologies.
- Ability to perform daily tasks with little or no supervision.
- Ability to take legible written notes, document a process, and repeat the process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WHILE PERFORMING THE JOB:
- Standing for long periods of time, walking, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, reaching with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel, talking and hearing instructions and equipment sounds.
- Occasionally crouching, or crawling, reaching overhead, sitting, lifting and/or moving items up to 40 pounds
- Close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to differentiate shades and color to identify coating defects
- Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading dial and digital gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of coating operations.
- Ability to handle delicate parts
WORKING ENVIRONMENT OF THE JOB:
- Regularly exposed to moving equipment and mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock
- Regularly exposed to ovens and risk of burns
- High noise levels from operating machines
- The employee will be required to use personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent exposure to hazardous materials commonly used in a manufacturing environment.
We offer health benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short term and long term disability, a 401k Savings plan with a 30% company match, and generous time off and holiday pay plans.