General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Technician to join our team in Sierra Vista, Arizona.Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for fabricating, modifying, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining ground, airborne, and electronic equipment such as unmanned aerial vehicles, ground control stations, and ground support equipment in accordance with established technical specifications, engineering instructions, and technical orders and procedures. Performs work involved in routine disassembly, repair, assembly, testing, and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment, and accessories.
- Operates UAV, ground control stations and ground support equipment at assigned location.
- Constructs individual components of electronic equipment following detailed schematics, layout diagrams, and work instructions.
- Corrects minor discrepancies by removal, repair, or replacement of defective or deleted parts of aircraft electrical systems.
- Performs limited functional checks on existing and newly installed aircraft electrical systems and equipment.
- Operates automatic test equipment to locate, diagnose, and repair defective parts. 6. Performs routine inspections on systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoots, tests, and documents findings. Repairs or replaces components based on test results by following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Fabricates, upgrades, routes, and installs wiring harnesses.
- Disassembles, assembles, and adjusts electronic equipment.
- Represents group with team leaders, supply personnel, A&P mechanics, pilots and internal and external customers.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency as well as two or more years experience in aviation or electronics. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must be able to perform a variety of routine tasks and demonstrate full knowledge of avionics and electronic procedures and principles.
- Must possess:
- The ability to troubleshoot at the component level.
- Full knowledge and use of electronic test equipment, hand and soldering tools, voltage or amperage measuring and recording devices.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics and technical orders.
- Must be able to successfully complete the customer required Department of Homeland Security (DHS) background investigation required to access the aircraft maintenance and sustainment data base.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and assess situations and make judgments.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.