Innovative Solutions and Support is an avionics industry leader in supplying products to the military, commercial and business sectors within the aviation marketplace. We provide technological solutions to some of the most substantial aircraft manufacturers and operators in the world. The continued development of new products to serve the Aviation industry has led to outstanding career opportunities at IS&S.
We seek committed experienced avionics professionals interested in joining an informed, talented team involved in all aspects of the organization from product development through customer delivery and installation. We take pride in the quality of our products; our commitment to our customers and our employees, who shape the IS&S culture.
Innovative Solutions & Support is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Systems Engineer, you are responsible for the development of product specifications and interface definition on the IS&S avionics products. Utilize your own expertise and team input to make judgments on the technical approach to system development and verification. Clearly communicate design and project requirements to the Engineering team members.
All IS&S associates are expected to take responsibility to assure the safety of themselves and our colleagues, the security of company facilities and the protection of proprietary information or technologies.
- BS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least five four years’ experience in avionics system design, and development.
- Knowledge of DO-178B, DO-254, DO-160 or applicable military standards is required
- Familiarity with FAA certification requirements and processes (TSO and STC).
- Familiarity with flight control logic and associated implementation methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with requirements definition, testing and traceability matrix development
- Proficiency with configuration management tools and methodologies and product life cycle documentation is required
- Experience with System Safety Assessment processes is desired
- Experience with IBM Doors is desired
- Verified understanding of aircraft technology and interfaces.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Pilot license is a plus
- Must be able to see and manipulate small parts.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, or stretch in keeping with the demands of a typical office role.
- Must be able to lift and carry components up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to participate in aircraft survey and flight test activities.
- Must be able to operate computer equipment for both design and programming.
- Must be able to travel via air both commercially and in business aircraft and operate motor vehicles including rental cars
- Must maintain a growing understanding of all technologies that would benefit IS&S product design including aviation interfaces, electrical components, software protocols and tools.
- Acquire direct knowledge of the IS&S Quality System.
- Understand IS&S products and their underlying technology
- Gain understanding regarding software and electrical standards mandated by regulatory agencies within aviation.
Innovative Solutions & Support (IS&S) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. IS&S is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, IS&S is committed to Companywide affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, protected veteran status or disability.